The Student Room Group

A levels for a law degree

Would biology, psychology and sociology a levels be a good choice for a law degree?
Law doesn't require any specific subject but its a good idea to take at least one essay based subject so you should be fine.
Yes.
Original post by Yans1
Would biology, psychology and sociology a levels be a good choice for a law degree?

Hi Yans1 :hello:

Many Law courses, such as ours, do not actually require any specific A Levels. Therefore, these should be fine for a Law course in the future!

I hope this helps! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Melissa :five:
Maybe take English lit or history?
Original post by Yans1

I want to go down the law path and I am in Year 11 going into year 12 next year.
I am doing History, Politics, Economics and English Lit
You need to do essay based subjects that are facilitating so English or History
Sciences are good too, but to prep yourself you should do subjects with intensive reading
Good luck.
(I'm not an expert my teachers and advisors for careers have told me this)
I didn’t do history for gcse so I don’t think I can do it at a levels now and I’m not sure about English lit as I don’t particularly want to have to analyse Shakespeare again
Original post by Yans1
I didn’t do history for gcse so I don’t think I can do it at a levels now and I’m not sure about English lit as I don’t particularly want to have to analyse Shakespeare again

you can
check ur sixth form prospectus
and what about Geography
Original post by Yans1

You don’t have to do History, only if you want to. Your current A level choices are fine

Quick Reply

Latest