Um,Bridge
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello everyone. I am a year 12 student studying A-Level Biology. I am really struggling with teaching myself the huge amount of content. If anyone has any good revision tips I would really appreciate it. I basically don't know how to revise anymore so if anyone has done A-Level Biology before, please let me know how you revised and any techniques you used. Thank you!
glorydayes365
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey! I’m taking Biology, Chemistry and Maths A Levels. A Levels are difficult and you’re right that you’ll need a better study plan.
I’d make use of the Physics and Maths tutor website where you can download past papers to do as well as downloading the Mark schemes to check your answers, this would help you to understand the structure of the a level paper style such as the pattern of the questions and such.
Physics and Maths tutor also has biology notes of every content that you’re learning. It’s really useful for additional notes and they’ve highlighted keywords that are important.
I think the strategy for note taking is to write down notes of what the teacher teaches in class, then in your frees you open your biology book and add in more details and keywords to your notes as well as using the notes from physics and maths tutor to really have a jam packed biology note. It’d be super useful and you’ll know all the key points of that specific chapter or content.
Hope this helped.
Um,Bridge
Rep:
?
(Original post by glorydayes365)
Hey! I’m taking Biology, Chemistry and Maths A Levels. A Levels are difficult and you’re right that you’ll need a better study plan.
I’d make use of the Physics and Maths tutor website where you can download past papers to do as well as downloading the Mark schemes to check your answers, this would help you to understand the structure of the a level paper style such as the pattern of the questions and such.
Physics and Maths tutor also has biology notes of every content that you’re learning. It’s really useful for additional notes and they’ve highlighted keywords that are important.
I think the strategy for note taking is to write down notes of what the teacher teaches in class, then in your frees you open your biology book and add in more details and keywords to your notes as well as using the notes from physics and maths tutor to really have a jam packed biology note. It’d be super useful and you’ll know all the key points of that specific chapter or content.
Hope this helped.
Thank you so much!! This is really helpful, I really appreciate it
Hellohsjakodsmka
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Um,Bridge)
Thank you so much!! This is really helpful, I really appreciate it
I like your name 😂😂
Um,Bridge
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hellohsjakodsmka)
I like your name 😂😂
Haha thank you 😂
lhh2003
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Um,Bridge)
Hello everyone. I am a year 12 student studying A-Level Biology. I am really struggling with teaching myself the huge amount of content. If anyone has any good revision tips I would really appreciate it. I basically don't know how to revise anymore so if anyone has done A-Level Biology before, please let me know how you revised and any techniques you used. Thank you!
Use Khan Academy for understanding,

Sal goes into more detail than is required for some topics, but just enough extra detail if you're doing the essay question for AQA. His videos are amazing, but use the CGP revision guides with them because these are written straight from mark schemes on physics and maths tutor. I didn't use the textbook much at all as it waffles a lot, giving about 200% of what is required whereas the CGP give about 90% of what is required for the exams. The practise questions on physics and maths tutor and in the "exam style questions" from the textbook will iron out the most important extra details amongst the waffle that you've missed.
Um,Bridge
Rep:
?
(Original post by lhh2003)
Use Khan Academy for understanding,

Sal goes into more detail than is required for some topics, but just enough extra detail if you're doing the essay question for AQA. His videos are amazing, but use the CGP revision guides with them because these are written straight from mark schemes on physics and maths tutor. I didn't use the textbook much at all as it waffles a lot, giving about 200% of what is required whereas the CGP give about 90% of what is required for the exams. The practise questions on physics and maths tutor and in the "exam style questions" from the textbook will iron out the most important extra details amongst the waffle that you've missed.
Thank you so much!! I agree, the textbook waffles a lot, I am definitely going to start using the CGP books more
dreamingofmed
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i would recommend acemedics biology and chemistry classes they are super affordable and really focused on improving grades for exams
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (116)
25.55%
Better than expected (93)
20.48%
Worse than expected (245)
53.96%

Watched Threads