Student finance for spouse visa

Watch this thread
Amaka Onwudiegwu
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi
I got admission to study nursing with Greenwich university , my husband is British and am Nigerian.
I have been living in UK for 5 years and am working.

I want to know of am eligible for student loan and how do I go about this. My course is starting in September 2020
UniofGreenwich
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Amaka Onwudiegwu)
Hi
I got admission to study nursing with Greenwich university , my husband is British and am Nigerian.
I have been living in UK for 5 years and am working.

I want to know of am eligible for student loan and how do I go about this. My course is starting in September 2020
Hello,

First congrats on your offer!!

Here is a reply from SFE official rep similar to your question. I would advise emailing student finance to see what options are available to you.

Also, check out this website it has a lot of information.

If you would like further support please email our student finance team at [email protected]

Furtunà
Amaka Onwudiegwu
Rep:
(Original post by UniofGreenwich)
Hello,

First congrats on your offer!!

Here is a reply from SFE official rep similar to your question. I would advise emailing student finance to see what options are available to you.

Also, check out this website it has a lot of information.

If you would like further support please email our student finance team at [email protected]

Furtunà
Hi, am still confused because I don't know whether am eligible under family member of RU since my husband is British. Although am Nigerian, non EU country but my husband and kids are British.
Misskay12
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
They will provide you with fees only and no maintenance loan and childcare grants or anything else . They will give you this under family member of EU . Are you on 10 years to ILR or you have ILR ? Or you are on 5 years route .?its going to be rough providing evidence but you will be fine
Last edited by Misskay12; 2 years ago
Amaka Onwudiegwu
Rep:
(Original post by Misskay12)
They will provide you with fees only and no maintenance loan and childcare grants or anything else . They will give you this under family member of EU . Are you on 10 years to ILR or you have ILR ? Or you are on 5 years route .?its going to be rough providing evidence but you will be fine
Hi,
Am 5 years route to ILR, am due for ILR in early 2022. I came as a student and later married my husband, British.

Please under what category do I apply for the fees in SFL?

Thanks
Amaka
BetaGamma
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Did you manage to find out about this?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (19)
18.63%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (35)
34.31%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (6)
5.88%
Speaking to staff members from universities (2)
1.96%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (10)
9.8%
Reading articles about what steps to take (19)
18.63%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (4)
3.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
6.86%

Watched Threads