Was it a millennium bug? Or a millennial bug?

Watch
ThatGuy89
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
What on earth is going on? Why does it seem that up and coming generations (not entirely) are reverting back to a more barbaric and historic version of humankind. Surely wanting society to turn back the clock from a civilised society, to some kind of wild west alternative, comes from some kind of illness. As a student of history why am I seeing what can only be described as online book burning, the defacing of historic monuments in an attempt to eradicate a past, instead of learning from it. Its certainly stings of a certain brownshirted group from 80+ years ago. What next? A night of broken glass? A night of long knives? The minority is taking control and unless the majority get off of their backsides and combat it, we may end up experiencing a 4th Reich, not just in America but in Europe aswell.
Daveological
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
In the words of Taylor Swift - You Need To Calm Down.
Daveological
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ThatGuy89)
Congratulations for being the first useless response on my account.
My pleasure :rofl:
SuperiorPotato
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Congratulations for being the first useless response on my account.
Name:  No U.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  29.5 KB
SHallowvale
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Why does it seem that up and coming generations are reverting back to a more barbaric and historic version of humankind?

Because the news of the protest is still fresh and everyone is talking about it. Chances are this will all go away in a month or two and everyone will have forgotten about it.
ThatGuy89
Rep:
?
(Original post by SHallowvale)
Why does it seem that up and coming generations are reverting back to a more barbaric and historic version of humankind?

Because the news of the protest is still fresh and everyone is talking about it. Chances are this will all go away in a month or two and everyone will have forgotten about it.
It has happened a number of times in the past, but it seems to be gaining more and more traction this time because of the political support that now emboldens it.
SHallowvale
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It has happened a number of times in the past, but it seems to be gaining more and more traction this time because of the political support that now emboldens it.
What political support? As far as I'm aware, none of the major parties have endorses the violent protests.
ThatGuy89
Rep:
?
What political support? As far as I'm aware, none of the major parties have endorses the violent protests.
I didn't say the major parties have endorsed violent protests, but almost all support the root cause of the violence which is the protests themselves. Which are entirely without cause in the UK.
SHallowvale
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I didn't say the major parties have endorsed violent protests, but almost all support the root cause of the violence which is the protests themselves. Which are entirely without cause in the UK.
So then why do you talk about "the defacing of historic monuments" in your OP?

Nothing in your OP applies to the peaceful protesters.
ThatGuy89
Rep:
?
So then why do you talk about "the defacing of historic monuments" in your OP?

Nothing in your OP applies to the peaceful protesters.
How many of these 'violent protestors' have been dobbed in by the 'peaceful protestors' ? They are all one and the same until they choose to set themselves apart.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
In my experience, first-time posters can safely be ignored.
ThatGuy89
Rep:
?
(Original post by ageshallnot)
In my experience, first-time posters can safely be ignored.
Yet you didn't ignore... *slow clap* what a hero.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yet you didn't ignore... *slow clap* what a hero.
Nothing wrong with advising those less experienced.
SHallowvale
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
How many of these 'violent protestors' have been dobbed in by the 'peaceful protestors' ? They are all one and the same until they choose to set themselves apart.
So are you talking about the violent protestors or not? Make up your mind.

Bottom line is that the world isn't going to **** just because some idiots decide to turn a peaceful protest into a violent one.
ThatGuy89
Rep:
?
So are you talking about the violent protestors or not? Make up your mind.

Bottom line is that the world isn't going to **** just because some idiots decide to turn a peaceful protest into a violent one.
"They are all one and the same until they choose to set themselves apart." - Its literally in my short reply.
ThatGuy89
Rep:
?
(Original post by ageshallnot)
Nothing wrong with advising those less experienced.
You must have written it in invisible ink then. Off you go.
SHallowvale
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
"They are all one and the same until they choose to set themselves apart." - Its literally in my short reply.
Except they're not the same.
ThatGuy89
Rep:
?
Except they're not the same.
Well, thats subjective. Its not something thats easily debated, theres a lot of difficulty in discussions these days so I'd rather not get into an argument over something neither of us will agree on!
SHallowvale
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Well, thats subjective. Its not something thats easily debated, theres a lot of difficulty in discussions these days so I'd rather not get into an argument over something neither of us will agree on!
There's literally no debate. Peaceful protesters and violent protesters are not the same thing.
ThatGuy89
Rep:
?
There's literally no debate. Peaceful protesters and violent protesters are not the same thing.
For this bunch, in name only.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (65)
19.35%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (72)
21.43%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (62)
18.45%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (70)
20.83%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (34)
10.12%
I haven't started researching yet (33)
9.82%

Watched Threads