taranmistry
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hi there peps. Im just wondering if I will get kicked out of A-Level accounting because I got a U in the mock. I'm in year 12 and exams has been cancelled. our teachers are ranking us giving us a predicted grade. will I get kicked out? is it legal for them to kick me out? will they let me go through? I REALLY DONT WANT TO REPEAT THE YEAR!
username5304322
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It depends. What were your grades in your other subjects and how has your performance been throughout the year?
JOSH4598
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Depends on your sixth form. My one was pretty brutal and if you didn't hit the mark they would "ask" you to leave and find another college - but it was in the top 3 state sixth forms in the country so they wanted to maintain their place in the charts. For most sixth forms, they will give you additional tutoring or put you on 'fast-track A-Levels' (normally a humanities subject which they teach you in 1 year after making you drop the other subject you're failing). In terms of the legality, I think they can 'legally' kick you out if you took them to court or something but most colleges would support you before that happens. If you're willing to work with them and put more effort in then you should be allowed to continue.
taranmistry
Rep:
?
(Original post by JOSH4598)
Depends on your sixth form. My one was pretty brutal and if you didn't hit the mark they would "ask" you to leave and find another college - but it was in the top 3 state sixth forms in the country so they wanted to maintain their place in the charts. For most sixth forms, they will give you additional tutoring or put you on 'fast-track A-Levels' (normally a humanities subject which they teach you in 1 year after making you drop the other subject you're failing). In terms of the legality, I think they can 'legally' kick you out if you took them to court or something but most colleges would support you before that happens. If you're willing to work with them and put more effort in then you should be allowed to continue.
ok I'm really good in one of my other subjects as they already know I have made a huge progress in. in my third subject I just need to improve a little bit otherwise I'm fine it's just accounting is what I really did bad on. my teacher offered after-school session which I attended for 2 weeks then we split because of lockdown
JOSH4598
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by taranmistry)
ok I'm really good in one of my other subjects as they already know I have made a huge progress in. in my third subject I just need to improve a little bit otherwise I'm fine it's just accounting is what I really did bad on. my teacher offered after-school session which I attended for 2 weeks then we split because of lockdown
Yeah I don't envy the year 12's whatsoever - you have it really tough given you're missing out on huge amounts of teaching and can't sit the mock exams. I'm year 13 and seem to have it far easier as our final grades are going to be calculated meaning no compulsory exams at all. Just stick at the extra work and you'll be fine - I always find YouTube tutorials beneficial (and TSR when I get really stuck!).
taranmistry
Rep:
?
(Original post by JOSH4598)
Yeah I don't envy the year 12's whatsoever - you have it really tough given you're missing out on huge amounts of teaching and can't sit the mock exams. I'm year 13 and seem to have it far easier as our final grades are going to be calculated meaning no compulsory exams at all. Just stick at the extra work and you'll be fine - I always find YouTube tutorials beneficial (and TSR when I get really stuck!).
oh wow good luck with your grades and thank you for spending time replying to my worry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (32)
35.56%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (9)
10%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (4)
4.44%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (25)
27.78%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (13)
14.44%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (7)
7.78%

Watched Threads