The Student Room Group

Why is it so hard getting over someone who u never dated?

Lol any girls out here who can relate?! It sucks. When ur crush doesn’t have a crush back on you😂
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Lol any girls out here who can relate?! It sucks. When ur crush doesn’t have a crush back on you😂

I can relate lol and I'm a bloke!

It's because you really liked them innit
Reply 2
Original post by FRS500
I can relate lol and I'm a bloke!

It's because you really liked them innit

For real:frown:
Because you're holding onto the idea of them and imagining all the what if moments. What if we would have married? What if we would have had children? What if we would have dated? Let them go, forget them and you're over them.
Yeah. In my head his parents loved me and we went on holidays and cute movie night cuddles. I think if we’d actually got together at least I could have learned he had bad habits or was crap in bed which would have made him easier to get over 😂
Reply 5
Original post by AnnaBananana
Yeah. In my head his parents loved me and we went on holidays and cute movie night cuddles. I think if we’d actually got together at least I could have learned he had bad habits or was crap in bed which would have made him easier to get over 😂

Sooo true. I went on a date with this guy I fancied and had such great hopes about ( clearly all in my head) when we actually did go on the date he was on his phone all the time, had no respect etc etc. Glad it didn’t work out but still disappointing He wasn’t the man I thought he was
I don't think it is. Even when the biggest crush I ever had rejected me, I was fine the next day; maybe I was fine even later the same day. What else can you do once you know nothing is ever going to happen except move on?
yes - STORYTIME. It’s kinda dull, but here goes nothing. Moved school for sixth form back in September, I’m super shy but just had our first Drama taster lesson to see if I should take it and this super cute guy sat next to me all lesson but we didn’t talk much, so at break I plucked up the courage to tap him on the shoulder and to say hi, then we instantly hit it off. Then I added him on Instagram and over the summer we spoke and he asked me on a date...I think? Neither of us said it was officially a date, but he put loads of kisses. Looking back I think it was a prank between his friends from his old school because he’d mention how he was hanging out with them and whenever he was he’d send something like “Hey xxxxxxxxxxx” - I’m naive ik. Anyway, the date was a disaster. It’s partly my fault, or my anxiety’s, as I was shaking like a leaf for the first 10 mins, I ended up paying £20 for both of our tickets and then more food popcorn too because he walked up to the till with me and I didn’t notice, so when the cashier asked who was paying I just quickly handed her all the money awkwardly and yeah. Besides saying hi, we didn’t actually speak until the trailers came on and then it was small talk about our families and plans for last summer. We then went to eat and finally the convo started flowing, but all of a sudden he got up and left and said he had football practice when I was still in the middle of eating, so I walked him out, we said bye and he said “we should do this again sometime” and hugged me. Hahah then September came around and we’d still been messaging. For the first two weeks of Year 12 we still got on really well and had a small group with two other girls, but all of a sudden he moved to another group in Drama and became really popular. So, we haven’t said a word to one another since October and I never found out why he stopped speaking to me. I get the meet up/date was super awkward, but man at least we could have been friends or he could have offered some closure. Worst part is I found out from his new friends when they shouted it out in class that the whole time we were talking he had a girlfriend. And as proof that he seemed to like me, he’d always say how he’d bike to my house so we could hang out and how he’s really glad he found someone like me lmao. So yeah, now I have one friend at sixth form and we’re really not that close, so lesson learnt - don’t talk to guys who put more than 2 kisses 😂
I think it’s because the desire to date them has been left unfulfilled and there are so many questions that haven’t been answered? Like once you’ve dated someone you know once you’ve broken up whether you wished you had stayed together or glad the relationship is over. When you lose someone during the talking period you never really find out
Reply 9
Because you want what you can't have. If you don't know them then you don't see their flaws and your brain creates a perfect image of them in your head. If you actually did date them then in some ways their flaws would give some comfort in getting over them. Of course it's not that simple and losing someone you have actually dated would usually be worse
yes - STORYTIME. It’s kinda dull, but here goes nothing. Moved school for sixth form back in September, I’m super shy but just had our first Drama taster lesson to see if I should take it and this super cute guy sat next to me all lesson but we didn’t talk much, so at break I plucked up the courage to tap him on the shoulder and to say hi, then we instantly hit it off. Then I added him on Instagram and over the summer we spoke and he asked me on a date...I think? Neither of us said it was officially a date, but he put loads of kisses. Looking back I think it was a prank between his friends from his old school because he’d mention how he was hanging out with them and whenever he was he’d send something like “Hey xxxxxxxxxxx” - I’m naive ik. Anyway, the date was a disaster. It’s partly my fault, or my anxiety’s, as I was shaking like a leaf for the first 10 mins, I ended up paying £20 for both of our tickets and then more food popcorn too because he walked up to the till with me and I didn’t notice, so when the cashier asked who was paying I just quickly handed her all the money awkwardly and yeah. Besides saying hi, we didn’t actually speak until the trailers came on and then it was small talk about our families and plans for last summer. We then went to eat and finally the convo started flowing, but all of a sudden he got up and left and said he had football practice when I was still in the middle of eating, so I walked him out, we said bye and he said “we should do this again sometime” and hugged me. Hahah then September came around and we’d still been messaging. For the first two weeks of Year 12 we still got on really well and had a small group with two other girls, but all of a sudden he moved to another group in Drama and became really popular. So, we haven’t said a word to one another since October and I never found out why he stopped speaking to me. I get the meet up/date was super awkward, but man at least we could have been friends or he could have offered some closure. Worst part is I found out from his new friends when they shouted it out in class that the whole time we were talking he had a girlfriend. And as proof that he seemed to like me, he’d always say how he’d bike to my house so we could hang out and how he’s really glad he found someone like me lmao. So yeah, now I have one friend at sixth form and we’re really not that close, so lesson learnt - don’t talk to guys who put more than 2 kisses 😂

Oh god! So sorry you had to experience that. The same thing happened to me pretty much ( the date you described) but I’m 21 and so was he! At least you’re only in year 12 so that boy kind of has an excuse of being immature - not that excuses him being a **** at all but trust me by the time you get to my age it’s really really sucky when a boy treats you like that! You 100% deserve better than him though. He sounds like a ****

"don’t talk to guys who put more than 2 kisses"
kisses are wet ahahahaha never trust a guy who is wet like that🤮
Original post by lolita_29
"don’t talk to guys who put more than 2 kisses"
kisses are wet ahahahaha never trust a guy who is wet like that🤮

Fair enough
Oh god! So sorry you had to experience that. The same thing happened to me pretty much ( the date you described) but I’m 21 and so was he! At least you’re only in year 12 so that boy kind of has an excuse of being immature - not that excuses him being a **** at all but trust me by the time you get to my age it’s really really sucky when a boy treats you like that! You 100% deserve better than him though. He sounds like a ****

Ahh I’m sorry you had to experience it too!! Thanks so much, gosh I guess it turns out boys don’t change that much then :frown:
Reply 14
I just dont get my hopes up. If you keep your expectations low, you can never get hurt.
[x (of the algebraic kind; not the kiss kind)]
Even I know that cinema dates are a no-go because you can't talk to eachother on them. Well you can, but you would be incosiderate jackasses.

Also, I hope his girlfriend found out that he had a sidechick.
Your imagination doesn't need to fit into the reality. You aren't exactly going to imagine their bad habits or your bad habits, or the two of you fighting, or the two of you going through hard times without the other showing you the type of support you need.

So in reality you are having to get over your imagination.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending