Alevelz2018_2020
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi, I just wanted to ask about the grades and I hope someone can answer my question.

I am still confused, my school is explaining nothing and the Ofqual report seems confusing and chaotic.

When is A Level Results Day 2020, is it still on the 13th of August?

Will I be able to sit exams and get into my firm before September if teachers do not accurately predict my grades?

Any help will be appreciated, thank you.
neko no basu
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Alevelz2018_2020)
Hi, I just wanted to ask about the grades and I hope someone can answer my question.

I am still confused, my school is explaining nothing and the Ofqual report seems confusing and chaotic.

Will I be able to sit exams and get into my firm before September if teachers do not accurately predict my grades?

A Level results Day is 13th of August.

I do not believe that you can sit your exams before September. I don't think that the dates have been set yet for autumn exams (correct me if I am wrong) but should be October time for A levels with results coming out before Christmas. Therefore, unfortunately no, you won't be able to get into your firm before September if you are unhappy with your calculated grades.

Hope that helps
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Alevelz2018_2020)

A-level results day is on 13th, yes.

If you are not happy with your grades, then you won't have a chance to resit until October, and results won't be available until December. This means if you've missed out on a uni place, you probably won't be able to go until 2021- but do talk to your uni about this just to make sure.

Your school can appeal your grade in the summer, but only if they think an administrative mistake has been made.

Please do bear in mind that exam boards are moderating the grades that teachers send to them, so if you get a grade you're unhappy with it's not likely to be because your teacher "did not accurately predict your grade".
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.61%
I'm not sure (56)
4.65%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (352)
29.21%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.9%
I'm not a current university student (586)
48.63%

Watched Threads