smeagolbeeagoll
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hey! I've technically 'finished' year 11 so I want to help anyone who's in year 9 or 10 and struggling to learn the content of GCSEs or just need help/mentoring.
The subjects I took were triples science, english lit and lang, maths, history, german, religious studies and french!!
Gracepritchard05
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by smeagolbeeagoll)
Hey! I've technically 'finished' year 11 so I want to help anyone who's in year 9 or 10 and struggling to learn the content of GCSEs or just need help/mentoring.
The subjects I took were triples science, english lit and lang, maths, history, german, religious studies and french!!
I have no clue how to use this app lol but how did you revise French? I’m currently in y10 and have always struggled to revise French and learn all the vocab.
Grace
Nia16
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Maybe look at this thread. They are looking for mentors.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6535458
Moonbow
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Gracepritchard05)
I have no clue how to use this app lol but how did you revise French? I’m currently in y10 and have always struggled to revise French and learn all the vocab.
Grace
I am so sorry OP I couldn’t help myself...
I do Spanish but I can tell you vocab in any language is the key
I used a tool called Memrise. People input all of the vocabulary for each module and exam board and you can get it all memorised. ( I’m not kidding, I went up from a 4 to a 9 doing this!) it takes me about 2hrs 45mins per module to do this perfectly but once you’ve mastered them you can unlock an option called quick review, where you can get a recap of all the vocab via quick fire multiple choice questions in under two minutes! I’ve used it for Mandarin also and it works perfectly. 100% recommended!!!
chelsie12
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
hi
im in year 10 and I procrastinate and put of revising and things and when I do I never remember what I revised so do you have any tips or anything to help
Gracepritchard05
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Moonbow)
I am so sorry OP I couldn’t help myself...
I used a tool called Memrise. People input all of the vocabulary for each module and exam board and you can get it all memorised. ( I’m not kidding, I went up from a 4 to a 9 doing this!) it takes me about 2hrs 45mins per module to do this perfectly but once you’ve mastered them you can unlock an option called quick review, where you can get a recap of all the vocab via quick fire multiple choice questions in under two minutes! I’ve used it for Mandarin also and it works perfectly. 100% recommended!!!
Thank you sm!! I’ll be sure to check it out
smeagolbeeagoll
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Gracepritchard05)
Grace
Hey! Memrise is a really good website for learning vocab- its the only one i use for languages
smeagolbeeagoll
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by chelsie12)
hi
im in year 10 and I procrastinate and put of revising and things and when I do I never remember what I revised so do you have any tips or anything to help
Hi !!
I procrastinate too! It's an awful habit but I am sure everyone procrastinates at some point. For actually doing revision, don't overdo it as you may burn out but gradually start writing a 'to-do' list at the start of every day; dont put too much on there- and just complete whatever you can, i find this a really good technique for starting revision/work when im demotivated. For actually remembering the revision, I would say write notes as i find it better to learn from something i have written/typed and then do 'active recall' where you splurge on a piece of paper what you know from that topic then afterwards, using the textbook, fill in your knowledge gaps. GCSEs are basically memory recall- I hope this helps
IQuitTSR
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Moonbow)
Or you could already know 2+ languages before you get to GCSE and get an easy 9, better spent on additional math since they don't give you any more time for it at the school I attended.

Just kidding, my memory's grown too weak to learn a new language...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (48)
16.11%
I'm not sure (8)
2.68%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (102)
34.23%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.34%
I'm not a current university student (136)
45.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed