The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA foundation courses - stupid question

This may be obvious but..
I notice on courses it talks about doing a foundation year if you happen to not make the grades for direct entry. Often the foundation year linked is a slightly different subject.
For instance, if a student wanted to study Geology with Geography, and don't get BBB, then it suggests a foundation year in environmental science.
Can you do the foundation year in ES, and then move to geology/geography direct entry or does that foundation year only get you into the ES degree?
Thanks
Tbh I think you can get into your course as it's in the School of Environmental Sciences but I think you need to clarify with the uni you want to switch to that course. It's better to contact the uni for direct clarification

"Once you’ve successfully completed your foundation year you are guaranteed to transfer to the BSc Environmental Science. Depending on the modules you’ve taken, your grades and your preferences, you could instead transfer to a different BSc/MSci course in the School of Environmental Science."
(edited 3 years ago)
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by LoShelton
This may be obvious but..
I notice on courses it talks about doing a foundation year if you happen to not make the grades for direct entry. Often the foundation year linked is a slightly different subject.
For instance, if a student wanted to study Geology with Geography, and don't get BBB, then it suggests a foundation year in environmental science.
Can you do the foundation year in ES, and then move to geology/geography direct entry or does that foundation year only get you into the ES degree?
Thanks

Hi @LoShelton,

I agree that contacting the school will be the best point of call or the Foundation Year Officer. From my experience at UEA, there are options if you get good grades or pass the year, it should be possible to swap over to a different degree after foundation. The quote from above is available here to state that you can transfer onto a different ENV course afterwards: https://www2.uea.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/degree/detail/environmental-sciences-with-a-foundation-year. Geology is in the school of environmental science, so it should be relatively easy.

Becca

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending