Halisi
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I've been looking at the entry requirements for a neurosurgeon and it's 5 A*-As in including English, Maths and all Sciences. I'm not sure I'll be able to obtain an A in Maths and Chemistry, I'm more likely to get a B in both. But I'm predicted As in my other GCSEs- I take 9 GCSES. Triple Science (Physics, Bio, Chem), English,Maths, Geography, Music, Digital Applications, RE. Would I have to resit these in Maths and Chemistry?
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
I would be surprised if by the point you are applying to neurosurgery specialty training they care about your GCSEs - ecolier not sure if you can ask your neurosurgeon friend next time you see (possibly metaphorically, in coronavirus-land) her or can advise otherwise?

Incidentally neuroscience is a completely distinct field which is not a medical specialty and does not necessarily have any relation to (clinical) medicine. Neuroscience is just the academic study of the brain/nervous system (and mind) using principles of biological science (as opposed to purely psychological approaches).

Neurology is a medical specialty though, and I think there are none on TSR better qualified to advise on that than the person I tagged above
Last edited by artful_lounger; 1 year ago
sammyj97
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
hold ya horses
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.76%
Okay (110)
29.02%
A bit lacking (141)
37.2%
Not good at all (91)
24.01%

Watched Threads