How do you make condensed notes?

Watch
Um,Bridge
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to take condensed revision notes. Right now, I feel like I am literally copying word for word from my text book and it is just pointless as it is not helping me. How do you distinguish between what information is important and what is not needed? Thank you!

Levi Dean
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Um,Bridge)
Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to take condensed revision notes. Right now, I feel like I am literally copying word for word from my text book and it is just pointless as it is not helping me. How do you distinguish between what information is important and what is not needed? Thank you!
From my experience, I find that if I look at each paragraph, depending on the paragraph size, i take bullet point notes. A large paragraph takes 4-5 and a smaller one takes 2-4. Just look at the information which you believe to be relevant, or what is relevant and note it. You also don't need to read word for word, you can skim read. Hope this helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (60)
19.05%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (67)
21.27%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (59)
18.73%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (67)
21.27%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (31)
9.84%
I haven't started researching yet (31)
9.84%

Watched Threads