Making revision notes

Watch
Um,Bridge
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello everyone. When making notes, I usually have two resources; my CGP revision guide and the school textbook. I'm really struggling with condensing the information because I feel like everything is important. Also, if anyone knows how to use information from several resources to condense it into one resource, I would really appreciate any tips. Thank you!

PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Is this for GCSE or A level or something else?
Um,Bridge
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by PetitePanda)
Is this for GCSE or A level or something else?
This is for A Level
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Um,Bridge)
This is for A Level
Use the specification for a guide. I personally would you the CGP as the key points and use any of the school textbook for extra detail
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Sure, everything is important but what are you unlikely to remember? That should be written in your personal revision notes.

What one word or phrase or sentance can be written to jog your memory of that whole topic/paragraph/chapter. Use that sentence/word/phrase and the rest, leave out as you'll remember it when you read that word/sentence/phrase.

Have your own little abbreviations in place of long words.

Colour code

Diagram and pictures instead of paragraphs of writing. Could even make your own little picture novel type of thing or comic style.

Bullet point.

Lists.

IMO with revision notes, less is more. Otherwise you might as well study straight out of your cgp book.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (58)
19.21%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (64)
21.19%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (58)
19.21%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (64)
21.19%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (29)
9.6%
I haven't started researching yet (29)
9.6%

Watched Threads