The Student Room Group

Need advice about my psoriasis

I have quite bad psoriasis on my knees and I want to get rid of it as quickly as I can does anyone recommend anything to use? Also I have a cream from the doctor (dovonex) and I currently use that but it's taking ages to make even a small difference if you have used that how long did it take for the cream to get rid of the psoriasis?
Hi! Well I don't think I have psoriasis, but I have eczema :/ I tend to use the creams given by the doctor less cos I watched this youtube video once and they said how they work but only when you use it, so you become reliant on it. Not sure if this is 100% true tho. I'm currently trying the Shea Moisture Soothing Body Lotion which is very thick, and it seems to be helping (I've been sleeping very late so think that's worsened my eczema and kinda stopping me from getting better - yes I should sleep early -_-') and I've used the Dr Organic Rescue Cream (Manuka Honey) too, this was really great and easier to use cos it's in a jar.

Hope this helped :smile:
I'm obviously very late to the party but I have found Enstilar foam spray to be pretty effective. It can be made even more potent by applying the spray, massaging it in and then wrapping the knee up in clingfilm to aid absorption. If that fails, it may be time to ask your GP to refer you to a dermatologist.

Best wishes,

Sree

Quick Reply

Latest