TheGreek94
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi,

I working full time as ops analyst in a big hedge fund and they made me to take the imc exam. During the lockdown , all the exams were ceased util further notice and I have seen that the exams will resume on July. I have bought the Kaplan package with online courses and i am wondering if it is enough to read the notes and do the practice questions in order to pass the exam . I have looked for past exams papers but i found only 2. To be honest , i am bit stressed for this exam and i would appreciate any tip. Thanks in advance for your help.

P.S My background is Bsc Economics in University of Sussex and Msc Quantitative Finance in University of Nottingham
Petal33
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
if you have done quantitative finance and economics, it shouldn't be too tasking. Unit 1 is more theoretical- mainly read/understand and memorise- the financial markets, structures, ethics, financial crime etc. Unit 2 has some micro/macro econometrics/ into statistics stuff and more quant and calculations e.g VAR, DCF etc .. which wont be too hard for you with your background. I read somewhere total qualification time is 120h per unit, but ill say it takes a little more.

The notes are enough, I make bullet points from the main notes and re-read those. Hoping to take unit 1 in 4 weeks. and unit 2 couple weeks later.

Ps, what s it like working in a hedge fund? I am doing a MSc in FInance right now from a non related background and also a DIploma in statistics, looking to get into an analyst role and later on into Market/Credit RIsk. Not aiming for a big IB , im actually interested in hedge funds or boutique. Can you tell me a little about how you got into your role.
Thanks
P
Petal33
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Also look on Scribd, some people upload their study notes and also the past study text which is good. I downloaded v14 which was for 3 years ago, this years exam uses v17 which has been updated but most information e.g the structure of the financial markets, MIfid rules, remains the same . Helps me understand because its written slightly differently so you can learn from reading across both texts
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (723)
33.77%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (919)
42.92%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (406)
18.96%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.34%

Watched Threads