The Student Room Group

How much is custom, duty, vat and tax for a letter from america

It has a mini paper slip and an iron on badge xxx thanks trying to collate info:smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Tangledseries
It has a mini paper slip and an iron on badge xxx thanks trying to collate info:smile:

What is the declared value of the goods?
Original post by IWMTom
What is the declared value of the goods?

I paid 3.75....
Reply 3
I paid 3.75....

There's no tax on this import.
So no customs, tax or duty? Thanks for reassuring meee xxx
Reply 5
So no customs, tax or duty? Thanks for reassuring meee xxx

It is too low value to be eligible for any import duties.
Reply 6

As I wrote in a different thread you created:

If you're importing goods valued at £15 or less, you won't pay import duty or VAT.

"commercial consignments, that is, goods you have purchased, of £15 or less are free from Customs Duty and import VAT. Note: This does not include alcohol, tobacco products, perfume or toilet waters, these items are excluded from the relief of duty and VAT at import. In addition, commercial consignments sent to the UK from the Channel Islands do not benefit from any relief of import VAT"

source: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/notice-143-a-guide-for-international-post-users/notice-143-a-guide-for-international-post-users (section 2.3)
Original post by martin7
As I wrote in a different thread you created:

If you're importing goods valued at £15 or less, you won't pay import duty or VAT.

"commercial consignments, that is, goods you have purchased, of £15 or less are free from Customs Duty and import VAT. Note: This does not include alcohol, tobacco products, perfume or toilet waters, these items are excluded from the relief of duty and VAT at import. In addition, commercial consignments sent to the UK from the Channel Islands do not benefit from any relief of import VAT"

source: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/notice-143-a-guide-for-international-post-users/notice-143-a-guide-for-international-post-users (section 2.3)

I don't know what that meansss

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending