The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Level 1 and a Level 2

Hi,

I just finished my first level one module with the open university (DD102). I did this part time as I had been misinformed that full time education of 120 credits would impact my benefits (I'm on limited capability for work and work related activity due to disability) but later found out from citizens advice that this isn't the case because of my circumstances surrounding my health.

I've enrolled on my next modules and applied to do a level 1 and a level 2 module in October (de100 and d241). I definitely have the time to be able to study full time but I'm wondering what its like to study a level one and a level 2 together?

I was told that the level ones prepare you for level 2 and they are a lot easier because of that. I'm just concerned the level 2 might be too difficult considering I still haven't done de100.

Has anyone else done a level one alongside level 2? Thank you very much

Hope this makes sense, any advice is welcomed :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

I just finished my first level one module with the open university (DD102). I did this part time as I had been misinformed that full time education of 120 credits would impact my benefits (I'm on limited capability for work and work related activity due to disability) but later found out from citizens advice that this isn't the case because of my circumstances surrounding my health.

I've enrolled on my next modules and applied to do a level 1 and a level 2 module in October (de100 and d241). I definitely have the time to be able to study full time but I'm wondering what its like to study a level one and a level 2 together?

I was told that the level ones prepare you for level 2 and they are a lot easier because of that. I'm just concerned the level 2 might be too difficult considering I still haven't done de100.

Has anyone else done a level one alongside level 2? Thank you very much

Hope this makes sense, any advice is welcomed :smile:

Hi!

There is a bit of a jump up to level 2, but it shouldn't be too difficult for you. You've done one level 1 module, so you have had some preparation. The more noticeable jump is from level 2 to 3 i found. Are you doing psychology??
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Hi I'm monica, I've decided to do both modules at once i hope it's ok i needed to double up and De100 and d241 seem to be the ones for it.I hope it goes well for you. I'm in Plymouth by the way where about are you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending