Issa12ah
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I am hesitant about choosing between York with placement year or Birmingham as an insurance offer ( both have the same offer AAB). So, if anybody has any idea which university is better in accounting and finance or has better reputation ? And is the placement year really important?
username5304322
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I'd go with the York due to the a placement year. It's beneficial to have some sort of industrial experience.
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Issa12ah)
I am hesitant about choosing between York with placement year or Birmingham as an insurance offer ( both have the same offer AAB). So, if anybody has any idea which university is better in accounting and finance or has better reputation ? And is the placement year really important?
Hi Issa12ah

Hope you are doing well.

I don't have much experience about those universities specifically however, I would suggest to go where you would enjoy the most as of living in York or Birmingham. Regarding placement year, I believe it is important to have one as it will give you the opportunity to work in an industry of your choice and see if that's where you want to go into after university. In other words you can have a trial run for a year to see if it fits you or not. Also, you will gain experience in doing applications which most of the placement and graduate application/process are the similar. This will give you heads up on knowing how the applications process works and learn to prevent making common errors in the applications. This will increase your chance on getting a graduate role to the firm you want to work for as a graduate.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.

Arsh Shaikh
BA Financial Economics
Coventry University (Coventry Campus)
etienne26
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Issa12ah)
Both universities have a great reputation. Placement years can give candidates the edge and its a great thing to have.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (442)
56.31%
I don't have everything I need (343)
43.69%

Watched Threads