Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi, I'm currently in Y13 and am awaiting results day which all feels uncertain after exams were cancelled due to coronavirus! I have a firm offer for Psychology at UCL and love the subject but after considering it for a few months, think I would prefer to study English. I do both subjects at A level and would like to switch. Do any past or current students know the likelihood of me being able to switch? The entry requirements for Psychology were A*AA and English are AAA. My Predicted grades are A*A*A but I don't know if they'll have available spaces. How popular are the two subjects in comparison to one another? Please HELP!
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, I'm currently in Y13 and am awaiting results day which all feels uncertain after exams were cancelled due to coronavirus! I have a firm offer for Psychology at UCL and love the subject but after considering it for a few months, think I would prefer to study English. I do both subjects at A level and would like to switch. Do any past or current students know the likelihood of me being able to switch? The entry requirements for Psychology were A*AA and English are AAA. My Predicted grades are A*A*A but I don't know if they'll have available spaces. How popular are the two subjects in comparison to one another? Please HELP!
Have you considered emailing UCL and asking them directly? No point in asking here, I'm afraid.
empeño
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Yeah you deffo need to email and ask. It is usually pretty tough to switch and as far as I'm aware they're both very popular courses. Asking them is the only way you'll find out though, and the sooner the better
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (687)
33.84%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (863)
42.51%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (389)
19.16%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.48%

Watched Threads