The Student Room Group

Fashion designer

Hey,
So I am interested in a career in the fashion industry. To be specific I wanna become a fashion designer. For months I've been watching famous designer's runways such as Yves Saint Laurent, Gucci, Chanel, Zuhair Murad etc. I have been so interested in the work behind the designs. Everytime I watch a runway show on youtube I look more into the materials and embroidery behind it. Haute Couture is so interesting to research knowing that its wearable art and that its special because it celebrates the highest level of craftsmanship. I'm 15 years old, I'm in year 10. I dont take art or textiles for gcse not even design and technology but I definitely want to be a fashion designer and make meaningful clothes that people respect me for. I am going to start using a sewing machine and hopefully after a few months or even a year I want to push myself and make dresses. Does anyone have any tips for someone who isn't taking related subjects for fashion but has I very deep love for it and where to start my career in the future?
Start to make a portfolio of your work with sketches and photos of pieces you make. Most colleges/unis will except people who haven’t got a GCSE or in some cases alevel but you will need to have a portfolio to prove your skills etc.

Quick Reply

Latest