Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
So my ex - loveliest guy ever ( I broke up with him a year ago because the timing just wasn’t right). We recently reconnected, I just wanted to be friends at first, but he suggested friends with benefits, I agreed, I was really enjoying the little thing we had going on and I started catching feelings again. I told him that some old feelings came back but I wasn’t looking for anything serious and just wanted friends with benefits and he told me that it was fine and nothing would be awkward between us. However two days later, he told me he didn’t want to be friends with benefits anymore, saying “ maybe only occasionally if it happens it happens” Do you think I scared him off by saying I had feelings? Is there any way of getting us back to the stage we were before I told him I was catching feelings, as I was enjoying our FWB.
Appirition
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So my ex - loveliest guy ever ( I broke up with him a year ago because the timing just wasn’t right). We recently reconnected, I just wanted to be friends at first, but he suggested friends with benefits, I agreed, I was really enjoying the little thing we had going on and I started catching feelings again. I told him that some old feelings came back but I wasn’t looking for anything serious and just wanted friends with benefits and he told me that it was fine and nothing would be awkward between us. However two days later, he told me he didn’t want to be friends with benefits anymore, saying “ maybe only occasionally if it happens it happens” Do you think I scared him off by saying I had feelings? Is there any way of getting us back to the stage we were before I told him I was catching feelings, as I was enjoying our FWB.
You broke up with him, so potentially he might still love you or like you enough to want the two of you to get back together.
"I wasn’t looking for anything serious and just wanted friends with benefits" He's probably thought about that and realised that he's going to find it hard to be around you and him not fall for you again, especially if you're doing things together in bed, so I'd say he's protecting his feelings and emotions.
Maybe he was hoping that starting off with fwb could lead to you getting back together, so when you made it clear you didn't want that, he decided he needs to try to move on.
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
He probably didnt want your current friendship to go any further.
I think it would be best to move on and find someone else. It might be better for both of you.
firemyst
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
He didn't want things to go further, get awkward, or get complicated.

You shouldn't have mentioned your feelings.

If you were developing them, then you should have limited your interactions to no more than once per week, if that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (467)
51.43%
No (441)
48.57%

Watched Threads