Does "A very strong wind" make sense?

Watch
blitterflicker
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
"The door was already wide open from other students that had passed before me, as I was walking through, a very strong wind blew which caused me to loose my balance"

ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by blitterflicker)
"The door was already wide open from other students that had passed before me, as I was walking through, a very strong wind blew which caused me to loose my balance"
Yes, but lose only has one 'o'
Laurence010401
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
A few months ago I was almost blown over by a very strong wind
blitterflicker
Rep:
?
(Original post by ROTL94)
Yes, but lose only has one 'o'
thanks!
furryface12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It does make sense, it's a bit wordy though. 'Already' is implied so you don't need that as well, and causing works better than which caused to me.

Those things are optional, but you definitely need to split the sentences. So 'The door was wide open from the students that had passed before me. As I was walking through a strong wind blew, causing me to lose my balance'.

Good description though
Last edited by furryface12; 3 weeks ago
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by blitterflicker)
The door was already open wide from the horde of students who had marched before me. I meekly attempted to follow, only to be flung aside like a ragdoll by a gust of wind with the force of a sledgehammer.
SoulfulTwist
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes. It makes sense.
blitterflicker
Rep:
?
(Original post by furryface12)
It does make sense, it's a bit wordy though. 'Already' is implied so you don't need that as well, and causing works better than which caused to me.

Those things are optional, but you definitely need to split the sentences. So 'The door was wide open from the students that had passed before me. As I was walking through a strong wind blew, causing me to lose my balance'.

Good description though
thank you very much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (60)
19.23%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (65)
20.83%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (58)
18.59%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (67)
21.47%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (31)
9.94%
I haven't started researching yet (31)
9.94%

Watched Threads