PIP accredited qualification, job advice

Watch this thread
WayOfHannah
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello everyone, I’m currently looking for advice on a career. I saw a job advertised on my local police website for investigations officer which is something I’m interested in and would like to maybe work towards in the future. It says however you have to have PIP level 2 or equivalent which I’m not sure how I would get that or the equivalent. My highest qualification is BTEC level 3, I don’t intend to go university as I’m currently working in a supermarket role and I’m enjoying working right now. (Of course if I knew I needed university for a career I was certain I wanted I would certainly attend.) I’m looking for other jobs, maybe office style jobs to get a diverse experience but I would just like to know what’s the best way for getting into a role similar to investigation officer with the PIP accreditation. If anyone suggests joining the police, I don’t really want to join the police as a regular officer right now as I’m unsure on what career I want so I’m trying to keep my options open by enquiring different roles and getting as much good working experience as I can. I’m also curious as to whether becoming an investigations officer means I HAVE to be a regular officer first. Any advice would be highly appreciated!
J204life
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
HiI’m assuming you have seen the jobs at the National Crime Agency. PIP2 is essentially a detectives qualification and its earnt in the job, so you are assessed for work you do against national occupational standards. There is no course you can go on. However, the NCA usually advertise for trainees once a year. Usually in August ish. For these roles you are employed to train as ana investigator and they put you in a 2 year programme, they also train for intelligence officers too. If you don’t want to go in as an experienced hire, then this is the way
WayOfHannah
Rep:
(Original post by J204life)
HiI’m assuming you have seen the jobs at the National Crime Agency. PIP2 is essentially a detectives qualification and its earnt in the job, so you are assessed for work you do against national occupational standards. There is no course you can go on. However, the NCA usually advertise for trainees once a year. Usually in August ish. For these roles you are employed to train as ana investigator and they put you in a 2 year programme, they also train for intelligence officers too. If you don’t want to go in as an experienced hire, then this is the way
Ahh okay, thank you for your response. I did once see trainee investigation officer advertised on my local forces vacancies and I applied but had no experience in working what so ever, I’ll make sure I’m looking out for these in the future.
LPuk_1
Badges: 1
Report 1 year ago
Check your local police constabulary for Civilian Police Staff Investigator roles. I know Hampshire recently had a big recruitment drive for inexperienced hires - no qualifications required. This is a great entry route as they train you up from scratch to get PIP qualified. I think constabularies have basically started to realise that they can train up civvies to do the leg-work for Detective Constables at a much cheaper rate!
WayOfHannah
Rep:
(Original post by LPuk_1)
Check your local police constabulary for Civilian Police Staff Investigator roles. I know Hampshire recently had a big recruitment drive for inexperienced hires - no qualifications required. This is a great entry route as they train you up from scratch to get PIP qualified. I think constabularies have basically started to realise that they can train up civvies to do the leg-work for Detective Constables at a much cheaper rate!
Thank you! I’ve been checking my local force’s vacancies every week so I’m keeping my eye out for the role to see if it comes up!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Sociology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (29)
24.17%
The paper was reasonable (54)
45%
Not feeling great about that exam... (25)
20.83%
It was TERRIBLE (12)
10%

Watched Threads