NemesisRider
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
A little bit early putting this on this year, however the unusual circumstances may mean people start to consider preparation earlier than normal!
---

Welcome to the ENGAA prep thread 2020 (for admission in 2021). This is the place to discuss, post problems, or ask any questions you may have regarding the exam.

What is ENGAA?

ENGAA is a pre-interview written assessment for Engineering required by the University of Cambridge. In 2020, the format presumably will be the same as 2019, with no calculators and two hour long sections. All the questions are multiple choice.

Dates

Registration deadline: 15 October, 2020
Exam: 4 November, 2020

Registration

You can find the details here.

Specification, Past Paper and Assessment Format can be found here.

Other Resources

Tips

Last year's thread may be worth a look to get a general sense of some of the FAQs.

I've recently made some videos about the Cambridge ENGAA to help test-takers. There's two videos which are about my tips and tricks and answering example questions. Between these and the ENGAA tips written resource, this gives you some useful apporaches to the exam.

In general, the ENGAA is a race against time with maths and physics questions in a large volume. You need to be fluent with using the concepts to get through the questions in time. Trying the past papers under timed conditions is the best practice to get you prepared for the exam, but the listed resources are extremely helpful also.

If we have any successful 2020 Cambridge applicants here who sat the ENGAA your advice would be much appreciated!
Last edited by NemesisRider; 1 month ago
Becca216
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Haven't fully decided if I am applying for Cambridge yet, but going to follow this thread because I plan to have a look at some past papers, while I make my decision
zebrasmatter
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
hey, there are not as many past papers as some may think. I'd love to hear about the other tests you do under time conditions for preparation thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (3)
12.5%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (7)
29.17%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (14)
58.33%

Watched Threads