Better Unis than King's College or Bristol in adjustment

Watch
kokiri11
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello everybody.

I'd like to know which universities better than King's College or Bristol in computer science will be in adjustment this year. I know for a fact that the grades I'll obtain at my exam will be WAY over the conditions that Bristol and King's gave me. I feel I could've got a MUCH MUCH better Uni with the grades I am going to get, so I'm trying to see which uni will be in adjustment in computer science this year.

Thanks
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Nobody knows but Bristol is very near the top of the rankings. It is impossible to know whether the likes of Warwick, Durham or UCL will have places but I doubt it. Have you had a contextual offer from Bristol because the grades are normally A*AA which are the same as Durham and only 1 grade lower than UCL. I doubt these will take many, if any, in adjustment. Durham has a history of taking time then rejecting applicants. You also will have the difficulty of finding accommodation at short notice so adjustment isnt as appealing as it might appear. Every year only just over 1000 use adjustment each year and in your case the likely improvement from Bristol to other places wont be a vast improvement so I would be vary wary of using adjustment.
kokiri11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Well, I am taking the french baccalaureate and they grade out of 20. Bristol has made me an offer of 14/20 overall and 16/20 in mathematics, while King's made an offer with 15/20 overall and 14/20 in maths. The "problem" is that I know that I am going to have at least 16.5/20 overall with 19/20 in maths. With these grades, It feels like I can get a much better university in my subject (UCL for example). It just doesn't feel right... Maybe I'm overestimating myself... I don't know. :/
Last edited by kokiri11; 1 year ago
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by kokiri11)
Well, I am taking the french baccalaureate and they grade out of 20. Bristol has made me an offer of 14/20 overall and 16/20 in mathematics, while King's made an offer with 15/20 overall and 14/20 in maths. The "problem" is that I know that I am going to have at least 17.5-18/20 overall with 19/20 in maths. With these grades, It feels like I can get a much better university in my subject (UCL for example). It just doesn't feel right... Maybe I'm overestimating myself... I don't know. :/
UCL isnt a massive increase on Bristol and firstly you do not know whether UCL is in adjustment. Even if it is there is no guarantee you will get in and if you do you will have the problem that most of the accommodation will already be taken. The latest university rankings in the UK released from the Complete University guide last week shows that for Computer Science shows Kings 14th Bristol 17th and UCL 20th. They are pretty much of the same standards. In the general tables UCL is ranked 10th and Bristol 14th. I really dont know where you get UCL "is a much better university for my subject probably QS which historically has ranked UCL highly because it is in London. There really isnt a massive difference either way and for any difference there is you are restricting yourself regarding accommodation when the best will be taken. You might even have to find non university accommodation in London at short notice which will be expensive and possibly not very good.

Bristol ranks 72nd in the student satisfaction table UCL 109th. The student satisfaction levels in London are extremely low.
Last edited by swanseajack1; 1 year ago
Anns_x
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by kokiri11)
Hello everybody.

I'd like to know which universities better than King's College or Bristol in computer science will be in adjustment this year. I know for a fact that the grades I'll obtain at my exam will be WAY over the conditions that Bristol and King's gave me. I feel I could've got a MUCH MUCH better Uni with the grades I am going to get, so I'm trying to see which uni will be in adjustment in computer science this year.

Thanks
Hey! I know for a fact that computer science was in adjustment at UCL in 2019 so I believe it might be this year too! Guess we will find out on the the A-level results day

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque..._passthrough=1
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (20)
16.81%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (38)
31.93%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (12)
10.08%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (13)
10.92%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (5)
4.2%
I think it's an unfair expectation (29)
24.37%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed