The Student Room Group

Gcse english maths & science

Hi, I'd like to self study for GCSE for the following subjects: Science, Maths and English, but do not know how to start? Please can you advise on how you prepared? what resources you used?
I studied overseas many years ago and my qualifications are not equivalent to GCSE's.

Thanks!
Reply 1
Senecaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!
Honestly I should be paid by them for all the recommendations I make 😂
english - litcharts, sparknotes, cliffnotes, mr bruff and mr salles teaches english
maths - physics and maths tutor, exam solutions, dr frost maths, corbettmaths, mathsgenie
you can also use physics and maths tutor for science. cgp do textbooks and revision guides for a lot of gcse subjects- for gcse level, it's good enough to support your revision and learning.
seneca and quizlet are sites that can be used for revising the subjects. make sure you do the exam papers as practice once you've covered the content.
Original post by andreawilksmua
Hi, I'd like to self study for GCSE for the following subjects: Science, Maths and English, but do not know how to start? Please can you advise on how you prepared? what resources you used?
I studied overseas many years ago and my qualifications are not equivalent to GCSE's.

Thanks!

Hi

One of the best resources for self study is the CGP revision guides and making use of the past papers found on the exam boards websites

I hope this helps
Hey, if you ever need help with English lit especially poems Stacey Ray on YouTube she has so many good videos to help you get high grades.In year 10 I was getting 4’s and 5’s and then at gcse I got a 7 so she was helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest