The Student Room Group

UKMT challenge 2020

Spoiler

Hi. I've been doing the maths challenges for years and I did the senior maths challenge a year early. I can tell you that practising honestly does help however for certain questions - usually question 15 to 25 - you can't really prepare for in a short amount of time, which is why now is a great time to start. The best thing to do would be to go through all the questions for the paper you will sit and perhaps attempting the more difficult papers (senior or the ones you get invited to like the kangaroo's) would be useful. Oh yeah and don't look at the answers until after you are sure that you will not solve the question and even then attempt it one more time. I can recommend these videos my maths teacher uploads to YouTube that offer a hint or a prompt on how to go about attempting the question but doesn't actually solve the problem for you which does give a sense of satisfaction once you do solve it. This is the link to his channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoSXg4qLyBnWHu1z9y9x2rA
Reply 2
Thanks for the advice!😀I will check out your teacher's youtube channel.👍

Quick Reply

Latest