Emman.78
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I have written a piece on the utility of transfusion services in medicine. Does anyone know any news publications that I could send this to in an attempt to get it published?
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Emman.78)
I have written a piece on the utility of transfusion services in medicine. Does anyone know any news publications that I could send this to in an attempt to get it published?
I'm sure you don't mean to be arrogant, but unless you are a researcher, PI or other respected academic who has ploughed the furrow of research and earned their stripes (which I'm guessing you're not) formal publication of an article is unlikely to happen. Maybe try your school/university department to see if they have a place on the student portal/university website for work of this kind?

It's a shame you didn't write about vaccines and autism: if you had, I'd encourage you to send it onto Richard Horton, where you could be guaranteed publication.
GANFYD
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
I'm sure you don't mean to be arrogant, but unless you are a researcher, PI or other respected academic who has ploughed the furrow of research and earned their stripes (which I'm guessing you're not) formal publication of an article is unlikely to happen. Maybe try your school/university department to see if they have a place on the student portal/university website for work of this kind?

It's a shame you didn't write about vaccines and autism: if you had, I'd encourage you to send it onto Richard Horton, where you could be guaranteed publication.
But we already know everything there is to know about how vaccines cause autism!

Spoiler:
Show
They don't!
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Sounds interesting. People do publish review articles in big journals, but I'm guessing a systematic review of current evidence is not what you have done. If its just an article about transfusions without any new evidence its not going to be of interest unfortunately.

My med school did have a magazine that might publish something like this though, if from current students. Don't know if you'd have access to something similar.
Hellohsjakodsmka
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
But we already know everything there is to know about how vaccines cause autism!

Spoiler:
Show
They don't!
You made me panic :laugh:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads