Giving out study help! Gcse/A level

Watch
Summerset1276
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hey all,I’m a year 12 student currently studying bio,chem,maths and business for A levels and I know that a lot of people are struggling with work during these times or need help with work.So if you want any advice on anything related to gcse or As level I’ll try my best.I’m also considering helping out people on specific gcse subjects if you need help,if anyone would be interested in getting tutored.Not sure yet on this though because summer is pretty busy.

Acl#28
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Summerset1276)
Hey all,I’m a year 12 student currently studying bio,chem,maths and business for A levels and I know that a lot of people are struggling with work during these times or need help with work.So if you want any advice on anything related to gcse or As level I’ll try my best.I’m also considering helping out people on specific gcse subjects if you need help,if anyone would be interested in getting tutored.Not sure yet on this though because summer is pretty busy.
Hi, this is really nice of you!
I'm starting biology (a level) next year and was wondering what would help me the most right now, like what sort of work I should be doing. Have you got any recommendations of resources to use as well?
I think the exam board is Edexcel
Thanks!😄
Summerset1276
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Acl#28)
Hi, this is really nice of you!
I'm starting biology (a level) next year and was wondering what would help me the most right now, like what sort of work I should be doing. Have you got any recommendations of resources to use as well?
I think the exam board is Edexcel
Thanks!😄
Hi there!

For biology,once you get to A levels it’s starts become a lot more in depth study.Personally i honestly recommend to not forget the knowledgeyou learnt from gcse.You need to keep in mind the techniques you’ve used to study and how to answer questions because even though A level is harder content,the question style is quite similar.

CGP I think offers guides on ‘how to get ahead’ but it’s important to also relax during these holidays because the next two years are going to be the busiest of your life.

The leap to A levels can be hard and I found it took time to adjust to having only three or four subjects and have free periods in between.

For bio though,it’s helpful to find out what topics you are going to cover at the start of the year,read ahead before the lessons and after the lesson go through that chapter and start making the notes ASAP or else it piles up fast.

I’m doing A level edexcel international and we started of with the topic on carbs,proteins and there structures so maybe having a read about those.

YouTube videos are amazing,I believe that Amoeba sisters is the best one out there to watch.

Hope that helps xxx
Acl#28
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Summerset1276)
Hi there!

For biology,once you get to A levels it’s starts become a lot more in depth study.Personally i honestly recommend to not forget the knowledgeyou learnt from gcse.You need to keep in mind the techniques you’ve used to study and how to answer questions because even though A level is harder content,the question style is quite similar.

CGP I think offers guides on ‘how to get ahead’ but it’s important to also relax during these holidays because the next two years are going to be the busiest of your life.

The leap to A levels can be hard and I found it took time to adjust to having only three or four subjects and have free periods in between.

For bio though,it’s helpful to find out what topics you are going to cover at the start of the year,read ahead before the lessons and after the lesson go through that chapter and start making the notes ASAP or else it piles up fast.

I’m doing A level edexcel international and we started of with the topic on carbs,proteins and there structures so maybe having a read about those.

YouTube videos are amazing,I believe that Amoeba sisters is the best one out there to watch.

Hope that helps xxx
Thank you for the reply! I think what you've said will be helpful so thank you!
I'll have a look at the Amoeba sisterw😄
josie71202
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm happy to offer support on wjec media studies and OCR sociology at A level
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (60)
19.23%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (65)
20.83%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (58)
18.59%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (67)
21.47%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (31)
9.94%
I haven't started researching yet (31)
9.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed