The Student Room Group

(edited 3 years ago)
Hi @WhyOhWhy76

I am a current 2nd year student at Aberystwyth and I am really enjoying it here!

Aberystwyth is a great place to be a student, there is a great feel to the town and there is always plenty to do and see. The University has a very friendly and welcoming feel and has even been named Welsh University of the Year for 2020 in The Sunday Times Good University Guide.

Computer Science here at Aberystwyth in in the Top 15 in the UK for Graduate Prospects for the subject of Computer Science (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019). The course is accredited by the BCS (the Chartered Institute for IT) on behalf of the Engineering Council, allowing you to develop skills required by the industry. At Aberystwyth there is access to a wide range of resources including dedicated Linux, Mac OS X laboratories and central servers in addition to robotic equipment including Arduinos, mobile robots and sailing robots. The course is taught by lecturers who have close links with the industry and software engineering conferences, ensuring that you are learning from cutting-edge research and the latest technologies.

Looking at the modules offered at each university is a really good way of comparing the courses to see which may interest you more. This is something I did when comparing universities when I applied and helped me make my decision. It may also be worth looking at how each course is assessed, to compare which style of assessment may suit the way you work best. Rankings are useful to look at, but it is also important to think about how the course is suited to your interests and future career goals and the skills you will get from the course. Also looking to see if the courses are accredited may also be useful in comparing courses.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any further questions.

Rebecca 😊

Quick Reply

Latest