Want more information about this university?

People's experiences of Undergrad Social Work degree

Watch
zozcan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi all,

Just wondered whether anyone had any previous experiences of studying Social Work Undergrad degree at Greenwich, and what their thoughts are? I am considering going to Greenwich, as I would like to stay in London.

Does anyone have information on the teaching, future job prospects and particularly the kinds of placements you may be offered? Thanks! x
UniofGreenwich
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by zozcan)
Hi all,

Just wondered whether anyone had any previous experiences of studying Social Work Undergrad degree at Greenwich, and what their thoughts are? I am considering going to Greenwich, as I would like to stay in London.

Does anyone have information on the teaching, future job prospects and particularly the kinds of placements you may be offered? Thanks! x
Hi zozcan

According to TheUniGuide the overall student satisfaction is 61%. In terns of teaching, 86% of students feel the staff make the subject interesting and 95% feel ideas and concepts are explored in-depth. 88% are employed or in further education after graduation

We have also have a TEF rating of silver and the social work teaching staff are active in research and experts in their fields

Job prospects include practising as a social worker (after registering with HCPC)

Placements include strong work placement arrangements with local authorities as well as the private and voluntary sectors. To find out what specific placements you could be offered you may want to come to our virtual open day we have on 18 July so you can have an opportunity to find out more from academics.

I don’t study social work but I’m a student at Greenwich so I’m happy to answer any general questions about Greenwich you have

Hope this helps

Devina
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (62)
17.17%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (102)
28.25%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (137)
37.95%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (48)
13.3%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (12)
3.32%

Watched Threads