The Student Room Group

Late application for Sixth Form ( applying for another school )

I didn't apply to any other schools and just applied for my current school. I've heard that people could still apply to other schools by calling up or visiting on results day. However, in this current situation, it isn't looking too likely that there would be a results day. How likely is it that I'd be accepted in other schools?
Also ,I didn't take Art GCSE but I was told that I could still do it for sixth form if I prepared a portfolio. How likely is it that I'd be able to take if for higher AND at another school?
you can definitely still apply to schools on results day, that i know for a fact. results day should still be going ahead on its normal date i’m pretty sure.
however about the art question, i’m not too sure
Original post by luxleniere
I didn't apply to any other schools and just applied for my current school. I've heard that people could still apply to other schools by calling up or visiting on results day. However, in this current situation, it isn't looking too likely that there would be a results day. How likely is it that I'd be accepted in other schools?
Also ,I didn't take Art GCSE but I was told that I could still do it for sixth form if I prepared a portfolio. How likely is it that I'd be able to take if for higher AND at another school?

Im in the same boat! What college are you plannning to apply to?
Reply 3
I'm in London and I want to apply to several grammar schools. I don't know if I can expose too much info like where I currently go to 😅
I don't know how high their standards are so I'm a bit uncertain if I would make it in or not
Reply 4
Original post by ash.luna2705
you can definitely still apply to schools on results day, that i know for a fact. results day should still be going ahead on its normal date i’m pretty sure.
however about the art question, i’m not too sure

I hope so! I'm a bit worried since the government hasn't confirmed 100% whether our results are going to be based off our previous grades or not. I heard about the possibility of open book exams in 2021.
I hope so! I'm a bit worried since the government hasn't confirmed 100% whether our results are going to be based off our previous grades or not. I heard about the possibility of open book exams in 2021.

ummm im not really sure how they'll grade it but I know they cant give a lower grade then your mock results, so it'll probably be a grade or 2 up from that. wow really? open book exams? as in for GCSEs or... id REALLY enjoy that one
Reply 6
Original post by ash.luna2705
ummm im not really sure how they'll grade it but I know they cant give a lower grade then your mock results, so it'll probably be a grade or 2 up from that. wow really? open book exams? as in for GCSEs or... id REALLY enjoy that one

Ahh, I didn't study at ALL for mocks so I was hoping to study my butt off for GCSEs so my grades aren't as high as I want them to be T^T My friends have been getting straight 8s and 9s!! Competition is highh
Ahh, I didn't study at ALL for mocks so I was hoping to study my butt off for GCSEs so my grades aren't as high as I want them to be T^T My friends have been getting straight 8s and 9s!! Competition is highh

damnn, thats exactly like my friend, he's literally a genius but didnt study for mocks and didn't do great. he should be gettting top grades tho and because of this he may not... i guess we just have to hope your teachers have enough material to prove that you should be getting that high a grade.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending