Boliviabba
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
to start ive been living in london for the last 2 years. Im doing ESOL level 1. In terms of progression I was given the opportunity to do GSCE 1 year programme (english, math, sciences,spanish) so 5 gsce.
*If decided to do this gsce, then another 2 years for a level or btec. IDK. it seems like too much time.*

Since Im already 19 and I want to become a a software engineer asap. thought in applying into this programme called 'access to higher education' in Computing (I already applied maybe it is not too late) and then do a degree in Computer Science which I hope it is possible.

The entry requirements for this access to higher education are gsce in *english and math (4-9),
* be 19;
* some thousands of money.
I dont have gsce, but I have the ESO (graduated at 16) which it is kind of equivalent( at least in math).
So what do you think. Would they accept me with these qualification?.
and if so, how to apply for the advance learner loand or sth.

EDIT: Suppose all goes in the right direction. I finish the HE and then what? would i be able to apply for a student Loan since Im european?
Last edited by Boliviabba; 1 year ago
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Boliviabba)
to start ive been living in london for the last 2 years. Im doing ESOL level 1. In terms of progression I was given the opportunity to do GSCE 1 year programme (english, math, sciences,spanish) so 5 gsce.
*If decided to do this gsce, then another 2 years for a level or btec. IDK. it seems like too much time.*

Since Im already 19 and I want to become a a software engineer asap. thought in applying into this programme called 'access to higher education' in Computing (I already applied maybe it is not too late) and then do a degree in Computer Science which I hope it is possible.

The entry requirements for this access to higher education are gsce in *english and math (4-9),
* be 19;
* some thousands of money.
I dont have gsce, but I have the ESO (graduated at 16) which it is kind of equivalent( at least in math).
So what do you think. Would they accept me with these qualification?.
and if so, how to apply for the advance learner loand or sth.

EDIT: Suppose all goes in the right direction. I finish the HE and then what? would i be able to apply for a student Loan since Im european?
Hi,

I completed an Access to Higher Education Social Sciences course last year at CU Scarborough. I can definitely recommend undertaking one as through successful completion I was able to get onto a degree (Primary Education and Teaching Studies).

I think the best thing to do in your unique situation would be to contact the university or education provider directly and discuss the entry requirements for the course. If they can confirm you are able to do the course I would contact Student Finance England and speak to them about what financial support you would be entitled to if completing a degree in the UK.

Sorry I couldn’t be of much more help!

Mel - Student Ambassador (CU Scarborough)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (325)
83.76%
No (63)
16.24%

Watched Threads