Do you regret voting in the 2019 election ?

Watch
LoveNetanyahu
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
In 2019 I voted for Prime Minister Boris Johnson , but I’m sort of disappointed . The lockdown was too late , and it didn’t reduce coronavirus deaths it just ruined the economy . Also other things like Huawei and High speed rail are unnecessary . What do you think
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No regrets.
I got what I voted for.
Name:  BB.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  95.8 KB
Boris, brexit and one nation conservatism. :cool:
TheStarboy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I regret not knowing more Corbyn and letting the press get to me.

We could have gotten something better than Boris.
Max1989
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I voted conservatives just because I wanted brexit to be finally over

Don't regret my vote as:

1) My seat was won by labour anyway (not that I wanted Labour to have it, but if I voted for someone else it wouldn't of made a difference).

2) There is no other party that even remotely shares even the smallest crumb of my political views, the tories are very close to that status as well, but they were the best in front of me at the time

I do however agree how they handled things wasn't great, but I am not surprised, would be been a bigger surprise if any party could of actually done better.
Trotsky's Ghost
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
The debacle over Brexit, HS2, probation reform, etc. means Conservative voters knew they were voting for a government that were inept at governing.
Pleasantri
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by LoveNetanyahu)
In 2019 I voted for Prime Minister Boris Johnson , but I’m sort of disappointed . The lockdown was too late , and it didn’t reduce coronavirus deaths it just ruined the economy . Also other things like Huawei and High speed rail are unnecessary . What do you think
No because I voted against Boris Johnson (not Jeremy Corbyn). I'm glad that in 6 months we've come to see what a disappointment he is. Only 4.5 years to go.
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Nobody should regret the act of actuslly voting and having your voice heard, regretting how you voted based on future events is reasonable. Nobody could have predicted what was gonna happen with the Covid-19 situauton and it’s easy for any opposition party to say “well I would have done. “
The Mogg
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Couldn't vote because I'm too young, but at the point of the election I was near the end of my tenure of being a Tory, solidifying that the Tories don't share my beliefs and values. Had I voted it would have probably been a tactical Tory vote just for brexit, which regretting it or not will depend on what happens between now and December.
TJ1997
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Regret my decision but was not going to vote for Corbyn; much more likely to vote for Starmer in 2024
The King3
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I never voted, but I'm glad that Boris became the PM, Teresa May in my opinion was trying to replace Margaret Thatcher, which she never could do. I was in favour of Brexit, until the government gave into peer pressure and from what I read, it is no longer going ahead.
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
No regrets, I got my local Labour candidate in a close victory.
pon1de2replay3
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
u shouldve known a tory government wouldnt fix problems tories made before
JMR2020.
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I voted Labour and I do not regret it.
Toscana
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
No regrets. I don’t like the Conservative party but I’ll take it any day over modern Labour Party
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Fun fact. I walked into a tree when I was on my way to vote.
HRobson_BMC
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
My vote made no difference whatsoever, but I don't regret voting. Even though it was pointless to vote, at the bare minimum it means that I can justify commenting on politics if someone pulls the 'you can't complain about that because you didn't vote' card.
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I voted neither of the top 2 parties, no regrets
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
Fun fact. I walked into a tree when I was on my way to vote.
Was the tree all right and did its legal team demand compensation plus apology?
Max1989
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Was the tree all right and did its legal team demand compensation plus apology?
He should be the one to seek compensation for being interfered on polling day by a leave supporter
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
i voted for Boris because

i) he is a good egg

ii) i am not a fan of gulags
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (63)
19.27%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (70)
21.41%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (61)
18.65%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (69)
21.1%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (32)
9.79%
I haven't started researching yet (32)
9.79%

Watched Threads