The Student Room Group

mum says i shouldn't join the police

my mum really doesn't want me to join the police (UK) as she thinks it is dangerous and it'll effect me mentally and says I'm too soft and the people who join it are the tough bully sort of figure join the police. is my mum right and what should I say to here to make it easier for her for me wanting to join
Reply 1
Honestly with the current climate, knife attacks, terrorism and now those protests about Floyd it really is not the best time to be a police officer
it is a well paid secure job... but not for everyone.
Original post by Jim 121
my mum really doesn't want me to join the police (UK) as she thinks it is dangerous and it'll effect me mentally and says I'm too soft and the people who join it are the tough bully sort of figure join the police. is my mum right and what should I say to here to make it easier for her for me wanting to join

It's more dangerous to become a criminal, I know police fight them but at least they have backup. You should do whatever makes you happy, it is your life, so it's your decisions. Mums will be mums though.
Reply 4
Original post by Jim 121

How old are you, Jim?
Original post by Jim 121

Handcuff her to the cooker and dont let her out for a week, tell her shes under house arrest and you cant listen as you have to be tough like she said. You need to changer your doorbell and her ringtone to the Bill theme tune.
Reply 6
If that’s what you wan to do and you’ve researched it, go for it 😊
Honestly, go for it. You go through a lot of training and how to deal with certain situations and from that you'll find out whether you're up to it. Community officers seem to be a good position if you don't feel like you are up for the worse of it. Even if you don't end up wanting to deal with minor crime there are a lot of behind the scenes jobs as well.
People are right when they say the in the current climate it isn't the best job to be in, but you can't judge what it's going to be like in a few yrs from now.
Reply 8
17 first year of college
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by remussjhj01
You shouldn't. ACAB

guess we should get rid of all police then
Reply 10
**** feds
Reply 11
If you want to do it, go for it. But recognize that its not for everyone.
I suggest you do some research and see if you still want to be in the police force.
Reply 12
Original post by Hali7
**** feds

Why do people not respect the police? It pisses me off
Reply 13
Original post by Gent2324
guess we should get rid of all police then

The criminals are going to have a jolly good time :rolleyes:
Move you pig
The reason I could think of as to why people want to get rid of the police, would be so that they could commit more crime :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending