The Student Room Group

Head student/prefect application advice?

Writing mine at the moment and wondering if anyone has any tips. For my school we have to fill out a form with a couple of questions... why do you want the role, what skills do you have, etc. Let me know if you can offer any help/things you wish you'd done :smile:
Reply 1
I could offer some help if you would like I was Head Girl of my school! Let me know if you have any questions. 😊
Original post by SashaNH
I could offer some help if you would like I was Head Girl of my school! Let me know if you have any questions. 😊

Thank you! Specifically, what skills do you think they're looking for?
Reply 3
Original post by apolaroidofus
Thank you! Specifically, what skills do you think they're looking for?

They like things that show leadership like maybe if you have mentored others or led a team. They also like it if you have experience with public speaking (if you don’t maybe just emphasise the fact that you can speak in from of others and that you are confident). I’d also say that if you have things that show your dedication (maybe some projects or grades) then mention that too. Overall, I’d say try and mention everything that shows you as well rounded and be honest. Tell them how you would like to be the voice of the students and would like to help them make changes that will make your learning environment more enjoyable for everyone. If you have any more questions feel free to ask me! I hope this helps as well!
Original post by SashaNH
They like things that show leadership like maybe if you have mentored others or led a team. They also like it if you have experience with public speaking (if you don’t maybe just emphasise the fact that you can speak in from of others and that you are confident). I’d also say that if you have things that show your dedication (maybe some projects or grades) then mention that too. Overall, I’d say try and mention everything that shows you as well rounded and be honest. Tell them how you would like to be the voice of the students and would like to help them make changes that will make your learning environment more enjoyable for everyone. If you have any more questions feel free to ask me! I hope this helps as well!

Can you think of any times when I might have used my initiative - I have one but it's DofE related, and I already used DofE to backup teamwork/leadership!
Reply 5
Have you ever done anything like showing parents/visitors around your school or had something go wrong in a presentation etc but salvaged it? Using your initiative can be a simple action as long as it was effective. Think of any difficult situations you’ve had at school- possibly helping a student from the younger years or finding solutions for supply teachers etc (anything that shows you as a reliable student).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending