The Student Room Group
W3schools (www.w3schools.com/python/) has a useful list of syntax, as well as examples.

If you're looking for more of a tutorial type thing, sign up to codeacademy (www.codecademy.com/) and try the python course.

There is python for beginners (www.pythonforbeginners.com/), which has a lot of information on python and a guide.

Python is known as one of the more easy to understand programming languages due to the fact that a lot of its syntax is pretty easy to understand (e.g. print(), split()), but it is very good for automating repetitive tasks.
Reply 2
Since your aim is to see if you like programming, I suggest Automate the Boring Stuff with Python by Al Sweigart. It gives you a good overview of all the different things you can do with Python. It's where I got started with Python, and it definitely got me interested!

Once you get some intuition for the syntax and how the language works, you can take a look at Corey Schafer's YouTube channel. He's got a useful Beginner's playlist, as well as one of the best explanations of OOP in Python. From there, you can follow along with his other tutorials and then make some projects of your own.

Additional resources:
RealPython (useful articles, best practices and insights)
w3schools (quick reference, examples)

Latest

Trending

Trending