Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    A lovely topic, I know. I was just wondering if there was a well known way to combat it before it starts that I don't know about (as in, you never have it in the first place). I dunno, like a mouthwash you use the night before. Anyone know anything?

ReputationRep:
    chew gum while you sleep

ReputationRep:
    TSR; a helping site.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I use toothpaste and mouthwash and I still get morning breath. In fact, the only time I don't seem to get it is when I forget to brush my teeth after a night out...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King4eva)
    chew gum while you sleep
    also known as choking to death

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dentylph.com/ Probably the most expensive mouthwash in Boots- but the best.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    Just do as much brushing/flossing/mouthwashing as possible immediately before going to bed. My solution is to just brush my teeth when I wake up :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    at least you wont get morning breath

ReputationRep:
    Brushing your teeth well, make sure you get em' all nice and clean. Brush the tounge as well, it has a lot of germs on it, which are essentially responsible for the bad breath. Using an Iodine based mouth was can help as well (again, killing those damned bacteria). And was suggested as well, flossing, gets rid of the food, which is what those "damned bacteria" are feeding on.

It also helps if you stay away from sugar a few hour before sleeping, and brushing your teeth several times throughout the day helps to keep a more clean mouth, literally speaking

Hiope that helps

ReputationRep:
    chew gum while you sleep
    why don't you try that idea of yours, and if you never reply, we'll know it doesn't work?

ReputationRep:
    drink loads of water the night before i seem to remember someone saying once

ReputationRep:
    Drink lots of water!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inside)
    http://www.dentylph.com/ Probably the most expensive mouthwash in Boots- but the best.
    I use that one!! but it's a bit oily dont you think?

Anyway, yeah i normally brush my teeth, rinse mouth with mouthwash and drink water b4 sleep. And i normally have a glass of water next to my bed at uni cus my bf will be staying with me, and we both drink water first thing we get up to avoid any nasty smell hehe.

ReputationRep:
    Use Listerine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by speedstacker)
    I use that one!! but it's a bit oily dont you think?

Anyway, yeah i normally brush my teeth, rinse mouth with mouthwash and drink water b4 sleep. And i normally have a glass of water next to my bed at uni cus my bf will be staying with me, and we both drink water first thing we get up to avoid any nasty smell hehe.
    Oily mouthwash?...Nooo :no: Did you mean a different word :confused:

ReputationRep:
    You're always gonna get morning breath. Only thing to do is brush your teeth as soon as you get out of bed. I like to have orange juice first thing in the morning though so my teeth-brushing has to wait til after brekkie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plato123)
    Use Listerine.
    Apparently the dentist told my brother Listerine is only good for cleaning the toilet, she recommended a mouthwash called Retar-dex, which is good but there's nothing like the burning sting of listerine!

ReputationRep:
    Suck on an orange as soon as you get up.. Thats the best answer you will find in this thread, guarentee..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    at least you wont get morning breath
    .. you beat me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stew1988)
    Suck on an orange as soon as you get up.. Thats the best answer you will find in this thread, guarentee..
    No. Orange is really bad for your teeth; causes tooth decay and in turn bad breath!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 21, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.