Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, how do you do this to apply to universities? Do you need to get a keyword or something from your school. or can someone please send me the link?:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah if i remember correctly you get a keyword/password from you're school/college before processing the registration.
    Don't quote me on that though, memory is fading! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you need a "buzzword" from your school. Any other questions i'd be happy to answer, pretty much finished the application in the last couple of hours (still need to do a little bit for the personal statement though)

ReputationRep:
    Boy, your applying early.....

Will need to start soon, I think the school will take me through it though.

My bloody tutor is useless though, she keeps going on about this bloody CV, when I really need to apply to ucas first!

ReputationRep:
    Well we can't send anything off to mid-september, still good to have it out the way.

ReputationRep:
    i was actually looking at the ucas coarse choice selection page today during a study because I was bored, seen it all before, but youknow, good to just incase some entry requirements change lol

Are you in 6th year MS?

ReputationRep:
    Yep! It's great

ReputationRep:
    My 6th has been ok so far, same as before SUmmer really, got a new course though.

Well theres a assembly on Monday, so I guess the girls will be told about that new jag thing since the nurse is there and then about open days and ucas prob....

ReputationRep:
    ok, i've applied now, got the buzzword today from the tutor.

Not gonna start any part yet snice I think she is gonna take us through it.

ReputationRep:
    There's not much to be taken through, it's about as user-friendly as possible...

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm gonna view the unis and stuff next week or the week after before I start.

It'll only be the personal statement and stuff which I will take a while to do.

No doubt you will already have filled it out waiting for September to come to pay them :p:

ReputationRep:
    Indeed :p:

ReputationRep:
    Is the only way to apply to the ucascard is to get the ucas number from your school? We're told on the S6 notice board to apply soon becaus times running out but I have no idea where the women who does teh Uni stuff is, shes new......

I tried to apply for it and can't get past the code bit......

ReputationRep:
    We just get given a buzzword and get told to do it :p:

ReputationRep:
    I go the buzzword for the actual ucas section.

Am on about the card bit where the notice told us to do, although it didn't say what the school code hing was, it isn't the buzzword, alrready tried that

ReputationRep:
    I think i skipped that bit

ReputationRep:
    its just a ucascard,

http://www.ucas.com/ucascard/index.html

I will need to find out the code for my school tomorrow if I can be bothered....

ReputationRep:
    Another question, so am filling out the personal details and education sections just now.

Personal Details question - How do I know what fee code am in? Is it just 2? Or should I ask a teacher or someone?

Education question - DO I need to add in the national units? i can't find a bit except in the module bit.... do i leave it out? Its only a RE unit from 3rd year.....

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is, put SAAS in the drop down list after that.

I'm not sure about units, i have a couple of things i could put but they seem pretty useless to me :p: (pottery, media studies etc)

ReputationRep:
    lol, my unit is int1 Making moral decisions for re lol, which I never even knew I done (we had a period of re perweek, but i didn't know what it was because I was in 3rd year).

I think I'll just leave it out....

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.