The Student Room Group

Finance

Hey, I’m from Yorkshire too! My older cousin went to Queens Mary Uni of London, he did an apprenticeship and like you didn’t qualify for the maintenance loan, given the huge inflation in prices in London he struggled a lot and balancing work with an apprenticeship is difficult as it is, I think if you’re financed enough to cover rent, and remember bills if they’re not included in that, minus your travel money, food shopping money and still have a decent amount (£50+) then I’d go for it, and it’d help with a part time job but be careful balancing this don’t overwhelm yourself. I’m this situation my cousin was naive as he didn’t take into account huge spending that will occur in London, but I would never say don’t go to a uni because of finances, if it’s truly the university for you then go for it! But if is on par with one outside of London, take a look, see your options. Don’t worry about things like money, there will always be a way around it for everyone don’t let it restrict you, I wish you the best of look!
Just take a look at ALL outgoings, you can use a studant spending calculator on UCAS for the specific uni and it will show you the average costs.
Keep safe have a good day xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending