Emotional abuse

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
So if you've been in a very emotionally abusive relationship, the 'victim' can be quite badly affected. so you might have counselling or see a psychologist. but what about the 'abuser'? Surely they also need psychological help? even more so than the victim because they're more of a menace to society and other women.
Anonymous #2
Report 5 months ago
man up bro
Anonymous #1
Wtf.... totally trivialiing something that shouldn't be trivialised

I'm saying if a guy is emotionally abusive, always has to have the power and higher control in the relationship, constantly lies and gaslights as well as being manipulative, they might need help right? And if this is all unintentional then they have deep rooted problems
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Yeah, but it's unlikely they will seek or accept the help.
Anonymous #3
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Wtf.... totally trivialiing something that shouldn't be trivialised

I'm saying if a guy is emotionally abusive, always has to have the power and higher control in the relationship, constantly lies and gaslights as well as being manipulative, they might need help right? And if this is all unintentional then they have deep rooted problems
yeah the abuser definitely will need help as they’ll most likely have problems but the difference is the abuser is most likely not to ask for it as they either won’t want it or won’t think they need it.
Forced rehabilitation is probably the most likely way that they’ll receive help and that’s only through being institutionalised
Anonymous #2
Report 5 months ago
people who cry about their silly emotions are the biggest losers in life. 1st world problem much go look at whats happening in syria and tell me you have reasonable grounds to seek help for you silly emotional pain. man up bro
Anonymous #1
people who cry about their silly emotions are the biggest losers in life. 1st world problem much go look at whats happening in syria and tell me you have reasonable grounds to seek help for you silly emotional pain. man up bro
I was actually talking about how the 'abuser' needs help. I'd rather have emotions than think emotional pain is nothing and it's fine for people to abuse each other. Mental health and personal esteem and confidence is important and we are lucky in the first world that we can seek help for it. I get that others have 'bigger' problems elsewhere but it doesn't mean people in first world countries have no problems or their problems are unnecessary. If I have been emotionally abused for a year, I can't help feeling ****ing **** which wasn't even what I was talking about.
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I was actually talking about how the 'abuser' needs help. I'd rather have emotions than think emotional pain is nothing and it's fine for people to abuse each other. Mental health and personal esteem and confidence is important and we are lucky in the first world that we can seek help for it. I get that others have 'bigger' problems elsewhere but it doesn't mean people in first world countries have no problems or their problems are unnecessary. If I have been emotionally abused for a year, I can't help feeling ****ing **** which wasn't even what I was talking about.
Take no notice of them. If they weren't a coward they wouldn't have said what they said on anon to you.

Just because someone else is going through some **** doesn't invalidate the **** you're going through, OP. Focus on getting yourself right.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
yeah the abuser definitely will need help as they’ll most likely have problems but the difference is the abuser is most likely not to ask for it as they either won’t want it or won’t think they need it.
Forced rehabilitation is probably the most likely way that they’ll receive help and that’s only through being institutionalised
Even then it's unethical to force treatment or interventions on someone, it's very much down to the individual to actually want to change their attitudes and behaviour
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (81)
26.91%
No - I have already returned home (38)
12.62%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (60)
19.93%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (31)
10.3%
No - I live at home during term anyway (91)
30.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed