Any one following a Keto diet

Watch
charlieexoxo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Just wondering if any one has tried or is following Keto. I’ve done it before I only lasted around around 2 weeks and I lost 6lbs , so an alright amount of weight. Although My weight fluctuates and I ended up putting some weight back on. Since Im starting it again it would be good to know what meals people have for breakfast especially as I always find myself eating the same things. I’d find it interesting to hear about other people’s results and what they usually eat in a day on Keto x
rxyaltyx
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by charlieexoxo)
Just wondering if any one has tried or is following Keto. I’ve done it before I only lasted around around 2 weeks and I lost 6lbs , so an alright amount of weight. Although My weight fluctuates and I ended up putting some weight back on. Since Im starting it again it would be good to know what meals people have for breakfast especially as I always find myself eating the same things. I’d find it interesting to hear about other people’s results and what they usually eat in a day on Keto x
ive been doing it with my mum lol. I've lost loads of weight it's really good but quite hard - i love carbs. i usually eat lactose free yoghurt with granola for breakfast, for lunch i might have a salad with boiled eggs and tuna, avocado, etc. for dinner i'd probably have a casserole with meat or something
gtty123
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
May I just add one point, it's not necessarily 'hatred' per se, but rather a helpful comment which will hopefully open your eyes. The reason you "lost" weight is because you were in a calorie deficit. It has got nothing to do with the diet itself. Sure, Keto can help, but it's the same as any other 'fad' diet; they all have you in a calorie deficit. If you want help, I suggest, personally, that you create (or follow) a diet which has variety within it and doesn't have you restricting certain food groups. This will help you in the long run; we call this process 'a healthy lifestyle'.
charlieexoxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by rxyaltyx)
ive been doing it with my mum lol. I've lost loads of weight it's really good but quite hard - i love carbs. i usually eat lactose free yoghurt with granola for breakfast, for lunch i might have a salad with boiled eggs and tuna, avocado, etc. for dinner i'd probably have a casserole with meat or something
Thanks for that ,how long have you been doing it for now and if you don’t mind me asking how much weight have you lost so far, you don’t have to answer that if you don’t want to, it’s just me being nosey. I actually started it because every time I had carbs my stomach swells and over all I just felt sick but of course with cutting out the carbs there’s going to be weight loss.
rxyaltyx
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thanks for that ,how long have you been doing it for now and if you don’t mind me asking how much weight have you lost so far, you don’t have to answer that if you don’t want to, it’s just me being nosey. I actually started it because every time I had carbs my stomach swells and over all I just felt sick but of course with cutting out the carbs there’s going to be weight loss.
i also get bloated when i eat carbs and i feel so much better being keto. I've been doing it for around 8 months and lost 6 kilos (I've kind of been on and off)
charlieexoxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by gtty123)
May I just add one point, it's not necessarily 'hatred' per se, but rather a helpful comment which will hopefully open your eyes. The reason you "lost" weight is because you were in a calorie deficit. It has got nothing to do with the diet itself. Sure, Keto can help, but it's the same as any other 'fad' diet; they all have you in a calorie deficit. If you want help, I suggest, personally, that you create (or follow) a diet which has variety within it and doesn't have you restricting certain food groups. This will help you in the long run; we call this process 'a healthy lifestyle'.
Yeah I appreciate your reply , generally my diet was really healthy as a whole, with the odd cheat food here and then, but my weight was just staying stagnant. I tried to cut out processed sugars,additives and processed foods best I could, but every time I had a meal which has any bread rice pasta potatoes etc I just felt so sick and my stomach would bloat horrendously, I would literally be full and feel sick after around 4 spoonfuls, which made me think I may be gluten intolerant, hence one of the reasons I wanted to do Keto. I know it’s not probably the best diet long term though.
gtty123
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah I appreciate your reply , generally my diet was really healthy as a whole, with the odd cheat food here and then, but my weight was just staying stagnant. I tried to cut out processed sugars,additives and processed foods best I could, but every time I had a meal which has any bread rice pasta potatoes etc I just felt so sick and my stomach would bloat horrendously, I would literally be full and feel sick after around 4 spoonfuls, which made me think I may be gluten intolerant, hence one of the reasons I wanted to do Keto. I know it’s not probably the best diet long term though.
Have you got it checked out by any chance?
charlieexoxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by gtty123)
Have you got it checked out by any chance?
I spoke to a nurse just before lockdown when I was there and she said that I should cut out the more starchy carbs and see how I go , and that to listen to my body, if my body doesn’t like it then don’t eat it.
Jackdarlow1996
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Keto works because all diets work, it's just down to how you follow them. As long as you're in a caloric deficit then you'll lose weight. Just remember when changing your food intake from a "normal" or poor diet to something like Keto a lot of weight you'll lose is water in the initial few days as your salt intake has dropped causing your body to retain less water.

I'd suggest looking into any meat/fish you enjoy (although they can be a bit boring without carbs)
charlieexoxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jackdarlow1996)
Keto works because all diets work, it's just down to how you follow them. As long as you're in a caloric deficit then you'll lose weight. Just remember when changing your food intake from a "normal" or poor diet to something like Keto a lot of weight you'll lose is water in the initial few days as your salt intake has dropped causing your body to retain less water.

I'd suggest looking into any meat/fish you enjoy (although they can be a bit boring without carbs)
My diet was pretty balanced before I started it , I was just stagnant with loosing weight and any weight I lost constantly fluctuated
Dax_Swagg3r
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you can't last on a diet, surely there is no point in running it right?
awkwardshortguy
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No, because I am concerned with what is ethical, not what the latest fad is.
Dax_Swagg3r
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by awkwardshortguy)
What is unethical about following a diet?
charlieexoxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dax_Swagg3r)
If you can't last on a diet, surely there is no point in running it right?
hahaha I get what you’re saying, I’m a lot more motivated now though, at the time I was still in sixth form along with caring for a relative , which is how I found it more difficult because I didn’t have a lot of time to faff around
charlieexoxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by awkwardshortguy)
hey , I’m not entirely sure how Keto isn’t ethical but I’d be happy to listen to how you think that. Personally I don’t think it’s a fad, whilst I said that I know it wouldn’t be good long term in a previous reply, but some people have done it as a lifestyle and not a diet and they feel the best they’ve ever felt
Dax_Swagg3r
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
hahaha I get what you’re saying, I’m a lot more motivated now though, at the time I was still in sixth form along with caring for a relative , which is how I found it more difficult because I didn’t have a lot of time to faff around
U dont need to faff around to lose weight. wdym by that?
Jackdarlow1996
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
My diet was pretty balanced before I started it , I was just stagnant with loosing weight and any weight I lost constantly fluctuated
Were you doing any exercise during your diet?
charlieexoxo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Dax_Swagg3r)
U dont need to faff around to lose weight. wdym by that?
faff around cooking different things, buying different food to what my parents had in, I didn’t have the time , most nights we’d not come home until 7pm so whatever my parents had for tea, I’d have too.
charlieexoxo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Jackdarlow1996)
Were you doing any exercise during your diet?
Mostly cardio usually jogging or jump rope. On a weekend we’d go walking in the countryside etc
Gent2324
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
the keto diet is the dumbest diet known to man, do you not know why most people arent in ketosis?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (39)
7.99%
Confident (65)
13.32%
Indifferent (71)
14.55%
Unsure (121)
24.8%
Worried (192)
39.34%

Watched Threads