Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deathlyhallow)
    What does "on the pull" mean?
    Going out and meeting guys and/or girls solely for the purpose of illicit relations.

DONT LIEK TI TBH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi!

I know there is the phrase "you should wait for the special moment" but I am starting to worry that will never come. It is like asking people to go out with you, I get, "You are a friend, but I don't like you in that way", and it hurts. I would say that I am fairly ugly, which doesn't help at all. I am fun to be around, so people say, although I do have fairly good-looking friends which perhaps makes my chances harder when at parties etc and girls come over - they would naturally go towards the better looking people. It is just annoying - I can't describe it. My problems lie with confidence and my looks, how can I better my chances?
    Are you looking for a relationship or just simply a kiss. Anyway you don't have to be good looking or confident to kiss.And remeber there is no age limit to have your first kiss, it will happen when you least expect it :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _MaLc_)
    So, say you see a girl who's in fancy dress, steal her bunny ears, or bring some lollipops with you and stuff... it's about having fun and showing that you are(making yourself more approachable). You wouldn't believe how many girls I had coming up to me the other week, asking to have a suck of my lollipop... they're just dieing for some sexual reply and you can really build confidence on it. Just one thing to try out. Other than that, I wouldn't recommend getting smashed and coming onto someone... that's a no-no. It's either have fun, drink a little and pull OR get smashed with your mates.
    I was just reading through this thread 'cause it pretty much applies to me as well but, wtf, lollipops? the candy I last had in primary school? in a nightclub? are you being serious?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie3)
    I'm not getting into this again. For the last time, having a Playboy icon and liking to go on the pull does not make me a ****.
    Actually, going "on the pull" when you've a boyfriend makes you the very definition of a '****'.

ReputationRep:
    Actually I'm going to go ahead and answer this thread properly.

Here is the story of my first kiss:

Picture an extremely awkward teenager. I had very few friends, the ones I did have made fun of me. I was as you can imagine, useless with girls.

One day I went to a party. I met this kind-of-cute-but-generally-unattractive girl called becky. We traded msns, did some drunken cuddling, parted our seperate ways.

I started talking to her on msn just every now and then. She was kind of cool, but as soon as I figured out she was only 13, I wasn't attracted to her. It was more of a "lol I'm talking to a girl" kind of thing. I was 17 at the time, and thought she was adorable. Her best friend was dating a friend of mine and so it wasn't that weird to be talking to a girl so young, as I was used to it.

Fast forward a few weeks, and we were both discussing some new movie that had come out. I suggest we go see it because it was my birthday, and we could like celebrate or something. At the time I genuinely only suggested it as a friends thing; being the socially ******ed guy I was, I had no idea that it of course sounded to her as if I was asking her out.

We met up, had a quick hug, wandered into the movie. I was sitting there in my blissful ignorance, watching the movie, when she grabbed my crotch.

This was my face literally: :eek:

I was sitting there in shock, trying to figure out how to get this 13 year old girl to stop molesting me as I was starting to feel like a paedophile, when she like reached over, grabbed my face and started making out with me.

So yeah. You have no idea when it's going to happen. I certainly didn't figure on being semi-raped by a child.

ReputationRep:
    If i were you i would prob hire a prozzy or summat.

ReputationRep:
    just keep saying to yourself that you are handsome and everything will be allright .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kamakazi)
    If i were you i would prob hire a prozzy or summat.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramadulla)
    She evidently has a 16 year old daughter, I don't think such technology was widely avaliable back then; even if it was, it would have been new technology and hence expensive! Damn. It must be ... :eek4:
    Ever heard of adoption? :p:

ReputationRep:
    A faint heart never won a fair lady. If you just want a kiss put on your best clothes, get your hair looking good, buy a good fragrance (search on the forum for girls favourites) and go out clubbing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edward_wells90)
    I was just reading through this thread 'cause it pretty much applies to me as well but, wtf, lollipops? the candy I last had in primary school? in a nightclub? are you being serious?
    very serious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edward_wells90)
    All the clubs I've been to have lollipops on sale in the toliets!! I never really understood why though!

ReputationRep:
    I am in the same situation, accept im 21.. and still waiting.. dont worry am sure one will come along sometime

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I know there is the phrase "you should wait for the special moment" but I am starting to worry that will never come. It is like asking people to go out with you, I get, "You are a friend, but I don't like you in that way", and it hurts. I would say that I am fairly ugly, which doesn't help at all. I am fun to be around, so people say, although I do have fairly good-looking friends which perhaps makes my chances harder when at parties etc and girls come over - they would naturally go towards the better looking people. It is just annoying - I can't describe it. My problems lie with confidence and my looks, how can I better my chances?
    My first kiss was when I was 15.

If I had waited until I'd found the 'right person' I wouldn't have kissed anyone until I was 21.

Part of me regrets ruining the experience of my first kiss by doing it with someone I didn't really like.

But part of me is glad that I had the experience so that I was more confident in myself when it came to kissing someone I really liked.

It sounds to me like you are lacking confidence more than anything. No-one in my eyes is 'ugly',

In fact, one of the guys I fell for was called 'ugly' by some people and I thought he was gorgeous!

There's someone out there for you! Just wait! There's no need to rush into these things, you've got plenty of time!

ReputationRep:
    I'm 20, and I'm in your situation. tbh it doesn't bother me at all - when it happens it happens, and until then I'm not going to let it bother me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinkerbee)
    Post a pic and we shall decide how much hope you have
    well as a second chance he can always post his bank balance :p:

I'm 20 and haven't had my 'First Kiss', but I feel like I've been waiting far too long to care anymore and have only recently worked through some issues to be able to get close to anyone, so like all past years hopefully I will have a relationship before I turn 21.
    (I've had drunken kisses, but I don't count them!)

ReputationRep:
    why dont you go town and have a good time and if a girl see's you having a good time, you are bound to look more attractive to them.
    Learn to be more open in clubs and pick the right girl/girls depending how lucky you are :P
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Hi!

Put a pic up then we'll tell you if your ugly or not.

ReputationRep:
    I'll kiss you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.