The Student Room Group

Do I wait for him to text me?

Bit of context - the guy I've been dating is away on a business trip for the next month or two (that's all the info you need, it is 100% a business trip I just can't discuss his line of work so don't go questioning me pls). His return date is unknown at this point in time and could be after summer, and he's not allowed his mobile phone while he's away so I won't know when he gets back unless he messages me saying he's home lol.

Do I wait for that text? Do I trust that he's going to get in touch with me or do I just bin it off if he doesn't text me after a certain amount of time? OR do I just text him when I see that he's active on social media again? I don't want to jump down his throat as soon as he gets home, but it would also be nice to be the one that receives the 'I'm home' text rather than having to text him and ask if he's back and wants to see me again.
Honestly, I would just chat to him as I would normally do. Update him about your day, just chat. The thing is about texting is that you can never interrupt someone because if they are busy they will just respond when they have a chance.
Reply 2
Original post by 03Michael03
Honestly, I would just chat to him as I would normally do. Update him about your day, just chat. The thing is about texting is that you can never interrupt someone because if they are busy they will just respond when they have a chance.

I would do that if I was in contact with him at the minute. He doesn't have access to his phone while he was away, I don't want him to come back in a month or two to a bunch of messages from me just updating him on my life, I feel that that would be a bit weird?

On that note though, say in a months' time I haven't heard from him, do I drop him a message for him to come back to just so he knows I'm thinking of him? My world hasn't stopped since he's gone away at all, I've been pretty busy with my own stuff, but as much as I don't want to seem like the creepy girl who is really interested in him, I also don't want him to come back and think it's a case of 'out of sight, out of mind' if that makes sense.
Original post by Anonymous
I would do that if I was in contact with him at the minute. He doesn't have access to his phone while he was away, I don't want him to come back in a month or two to a bunch of messages from me just updating him on my life, I feel that that would be a bit weird?

On that note though, say in a months' time I haven't heard from him, do I drop him a message for him to come back to just so he knows I'm thinking of him? My world hasn't stopped since he's gone away at all, I've been pretty busy with my own stuff, but as much as I don't want to seem like the creepy girl who is really interested in him, I also don't want him to come back and think it's a case of 'out of sight, out of mind' if that makes sense.

If he don't have access to his phone then why are you worrying about messaging him when he is away. Might as well wait until he is back then otherwise there is no point as he would only see it when he comes back init.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending