History help for conflict in the middle east gcse

Watch
Yas7297
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hey all! I hope you're all doing well today

I currently need help for the following history topic conflict in the middle east as my teacher is unable to mark my work nor help me out; i officially left my school since 5th of june was the last day but i didnt finish the topic as i had piles of work from other subjects.

So if you'd guys really help me when it comes to exam technique and giving me feedback in my exam answers - i'd highly appreciate it from my heart.
Does anyone do conflict in the middle east for history and achieved a grade 9?

Thank you!!

Im a history gcse student in year 11 doing Edexcel btw.
Yas7297
Rep:
?
bump
Yas7297
Rep:
?
Anyone?
dorotheapenguin
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I got a 9 on this topic. What do you need help with specifically?
Yas7297
Rep:
?
(Original post by dorotheapenguin)
I got a 9 on this topic. What do you need help with specifically?
Ooh, i need help with feedback with the questions i answered - e.g explain 2 consequences of...etc
dorotheapenguin
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Yas7297)
Ooh, i need help with feedback with the questions i answered - e.g explain 2 consequences of...etc
So for an 'Explain 2 consequences' question, first choose the consequences. It sounds basic but they need to be easily explainable and easy to link. There's not point trying to explain the involvement of Czechoslovakia as a consequence of Nasser's election as it would take too long. A standard structure would look something like.

Consequence
Development x 2 (go into detail here. Make sure it is relevant to the consequence)
Consequence
Development x 2

For 8 mark questions, I like to think of them as 2 4 mark questions linked together. It seems less daunting but that's just me.

A tip you can apply to everything is learn the structure of questions before the extra information. You get more marks for a well structure question that is lacking dates or highly specific information than for a list of dates or a random list of information.

Don't panic, you've got this!
Yas7297
Rep:
?
(Original post by dorotheapenguin)
So for an 'Explain 2 consequences' question, first choose the consequences. It sounds basic but they need to be easily explainable and easy to link. There's not point trying to explain the involvement of Czechoslovakia as a consequence of Nasser's election as it would take too long. A standard structure would look something like.

Consequence
Development x 2 (go into detail here. Make sure it is relevant to the consequence)
Consequence
Development x 2

For 8 mark questions, I like to think of them as 2 4 mark questions linked together. It seems less daunting but that's just me.

A tip you can apply to everything is learn the structure of questions before the extra information. You get more marks for a well structure question that is lacking dates or highly specific information than for a list of dates or a random list of information.

Don't panic, you've got this!
Thank you so much! By any chance, could i send some of my answers as well?
dorotheapenguin
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Yas7297)
Thank you so much! By any chance, could i send some of my answers as well?
Yes of course! Just private message me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (18)
8.74%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (125)
60.68%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (30)
14.56%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (29)
14.08%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (4)
1.94%

Watched Threads