Report Thread starter 4 months ago
DEL
Last edited by iDeano; 4 months ago
Jenks98
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I was in the same situation as yourself last year. I was looking at both Access to Health Science and Access to Nursing. The university requirement stated that sufficient science content was required. I decided to do Access to Health Science, which is a decision I am glad I made.

I would imagine the Science and AHP course is very similar to mine. My course modules included research and communication, microbiology, chemistry, physics (health related), maths, anatomy and physiology, and healthcare studies. Anatomy and physiology was worth 12 credits, healthcare was worth 9 credits, chemistry, microbiology, and research were worth 6 credits, and physics was worth 3 credits. Maths was a mandatory module but only at level 2, which was worth 9 credits but is graded at pass or fail only, as opposed to distinction, merit, pass (not the same as the mentioned pass).

My advice would be to email the universities that you are interested in to see what their requirements are. They might ask for a certain amount of credits in certain modules i.e. chemistry. Also, if they require maths, at what level do they require it to be at?

With regards to the commuting, I had to drive 30 mins to college and you will get used to it. My finish time was 9pm so although it was a long day, it is worth it if it gets you into uni
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (55)
36.18%
No (80)
52.63%
I don't know (17)
11.18%

Watched Threads