The Student Room Group

I have a crush on a girl but I'm gay

Right, before anyone can hold me responsible for being a troll, let me reassure everyone by confirming this is an authentic post.

I cam out when I was thirteen to my dad. At the time, my parents were separated and I never had any contact with my mother. My father and older siblings supported me and even accompanied me to my first LGBT pride event. They even treated my first boyfriend like he was a member of our family. However, that relationship has since ended after he cheated. I now live alone and attend a wine tasting course, which is actually good fun. The people are very friendly and I am having a ball. There is a woman on the course, she is very pretty and a nice lady to know. We have exchanged numbers and I told her I was gay, which she was fine with. She is a widow, her husband died from falling out of a window in a freak accident. She has one son, who is a nice kid. However, the more we spend time together, the more I feel myself becoming attracted to her. I can't tell her my feelings, because I don't even know if they are there yet. It could be nothing, just a little attraction. But, when we are alone, I want to kiss her and feel her the warmth of her hugs. I want to see her everyday and think of her constantly when we're apart. She is thinking about going on a singles night at our local pub, but I feel a little jealous that she'll meet someone. She comes on here sometimes, which is why I've gone anon, because she knows my username and it'll be embarrassing if she found out about this and never felt the same.

What should I do?

Scroll to see replies

Pretty blatant troll. If you don't want her to know this is you, it doesn't make sense to explain how her husband died and how many kids she has - they're not even relevant to your story.

Although I'm pretty confident you're not gay if you have a crush on a girl.
Reply 2
Original post by Theloniouss
Pretty blatant troll. If you don't want her to know this is you, it doesn't make sense to explain how her husband died and how many kids she has - they're not even relevant to your story.

Although I'm pretty confident you're not gay if you have a crush on a girl.

I felt the husband and kid part was important to the story, loads of women are in the same boat. I am gay or maybe bi, I'm certainly not heterosexual. Instead of throwing your wild accusations, help me.
Original post by Anonymous
I felt the husband and kid part was important to the story, loads of women are in the same boat. I am gay or maybe bi, I'm certainly not heterosexual. Instead of throwing your wild accusations, help me.

Maybe you should tell her how you feel?
Reply 4
Maybe you should tell her how you feel?

And what about if she doesn't feel the same? It'll be humiliating and could damage our friendship. Also, on the chance she does like me too, the LGBT community could deem me disloyal to my own people and I'd be classed a homophobe. I just don't know what to do.
And what about if she doesn't feel the same? It'll be humiliating and could damage our friendship. Also, on the chance she does like me too, the LGBT community could deem me disloyal to my own people and I'd be classed a homophobe. I just don't know what to do.

The second part isn't going to happen. Your situation is just that you have a crush on a girl - ask her out, or don't. Not much else you can do unfortunately.
Reply 6
The second part isn't going to happen. Your situation is just that you have a crush on a girl - ask her out, or don't. Not much else you can do unfortunately.

I suppose, but I just don't want to let anyone down. I don't want any of my gay friends thinking I've betrayed them or something. People believe crazy things. But, thank you for your help.
Reply 7
Why does it need a label? You could just be attracted generally to boys, but this one girl is an exception :dontknow:
Reply 8
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Why does it need a label? You could just be attracted generally to boys, but this one girl is an exception :dontknow:

Because all my life I have been gay and known who I was. Everything was fine until she came alone, even though I'm pleased I found her. It's just left me feeling confused.
Reply 9
Because all my life I have been gay and known who I was. Everything was fine until she came alone, even though I'm pleased I found her. It's just left me feeling confused.

I think a label is tripping you up.
What is wrong with saying 'gay with one exception' or something along those lines ( if you really do want a label )?
I think a label is tripping you up.
What is wrong with saying 'gay with one exception' or something along those lines ( if you really do want a label )?

Because that makes it sound like I'm in denial, people will just be like 'You're bisexual, not gay'... Every sexuality needs a label.
Because that makes it sound like I'm in denial, people will just be like 'You're bisexual, not gay'... Every sexuality needs a label.

You would technically be bisexual. I'm not convinced anybody will care.
Right, before anyone can hold me responsible for being a troll, let me reassure everyone by confirming this is an authentic post.

I cam out when I was thirteen to my dad. At the time, my parents were separated and I never had any contact with my mother. My father and older siblings supported me and even accompanied me to my first LGBT pride event. They even treated my first boyfriend like he was a member of our family. However, that relationship has since ended after he cheated. I now live alone and attend a wine tasting course, which is actually good fun. The people are very friendly and I am having a ball. There is a woman on the course, she is very pretty and a nice lady to know. We have exchanged numbers and I told her I was gay, which she was fine with. She is a widow, her husband died from falling out of a window in a freak accident. She has one son, who is a nice kid. However, the more we spend time together, the more I feel myself becoming attracted to her. I can't tell her my feelings, because I don't even know if they are there yet. It could be nothing, just a little attraction. But, when we are alone, I want to kiss her and feel her the warmth of her hugs. I want to see her everyday and think of her constantly when we're apart. She is thinking about going on a singles night at our local pub, but I feel a little jealous that she'll meet someone. She comes on here sometimes, which is why I've gone anon, because she knows my username and it'll be embarrassing if she found out about this and never felt the same.

What should I do?

I’m not a member of the lgbt+ community but your sexuality isn’t set in stone. Maybe at the young age you couldn’t figure it out and only now do you realise you’re not gay, you’re possibly bi. I would think it would be good to talk to bisexual ppl before you do anything else. It doesn’t seem like lgbt ppl would hold this against you. They have no reason to. You’re just trying to figure something out and that is okay
you just can tell your other mates that now you are having attraction to a woman, that you might be bisexual but you are not sure. and you can also tell the woman that you are having feelings for her and discuss it with her. and take some more time to really figure it out.
Reply 14

I call :troll:
I call :troll:

I am not ****ing trolling, this is true. You don't know everything, do you pal?! Also, you've made me resort to swearing.
Reply 16
I am not ****ing trolling, this is true. You don't know everything, do you pal?! Also, you've made me resort to swearing.

Dont 'pal' me. Every sexuality does not need a label; you sound ignorant.

I think you need to work on yourself before you bring anyone else into your life, because you seem to be a mess right now.

I think you need to work on yourself before you bring anyone else into your life, because you seem to be a mess right now.

Oof don’t get on the wrong side of this fox 🦊.

And you’re right

If a man likes men - he is gay. If a woman likes women - she is a lesbian. If a man only likes women - he is heterosexual. If a woman only likes men - she is heterosexual. If two of the same genders like both - they are bisexual. All sexualities have a label.

I need to rediscover myself, before I do anything with this woman, because it wouldn't be fair to begin a relationship only to fall out of love when I realise I am in fact gay.
Reply 19
If a man likes men - he is gay. If a woman likes women - she is a lesbian. If a man only likes women - he is heterosexual. If a woman only likes men - she is heterosexual. If two of the same genders like both - they are bisexual. All sexualities have a label.

I need to rediscover myself, before I do anything with this woman, because it wouldn't be fair to begin a relationship only to fall out of love when I realise I am in fact gay.

Ignorant is what you are.
So what happens if someone doesnt fit into one of those labels? Those labels are made by humans, not a God, or an all knowing being. You make it sound like its a fact of life that you can only be bisexual, gay, lesbian, or straight.
Just look at your case. You are clearly not lesbian, your not gay, your not straight, you are not bisexual. You just dont fit into any of those categories.
I actually believed this at the beginning, as many people go through the same thing, but now I see that you are just a troll.
I do not appreciate the fact that you are trolling with something like sexuality. There are some things you just shouldnt troll with.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending