Turn on thread page Beta

Can't sleep, can't eat, feel really depressed....why?!?! watch

I've been like this for a while now... I don't know what's wrong with me.It's oniy In the past week I have become really down, I keep crying for no reason and keep having really bad mood swings. I have changed pill again though (3rd time) not sure if it is do to with that though. I think it's to do with me starting uni in september. I don't know though! I really need some advice and help!

do you look forward to future events?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've been like this for a while now... I don't know what's wrong with me.It's oniy In the past week I have become really down, I keep crying for no reason and keep having really bad mood swings. I have changed pill again though (3rd time) not sure if it is do to with that though. I think it's to do with me starting uni in september. I don't know though! I really need some advice and help!
    Which of the words in this list would best describe how you're feeling?

Sad / scared / worried / anxious / hysterical / depressed / hopeless / Useless? Any combination? Any other words I might have missed out? none of the above?

(Original post by dh00001)
    do you look forward to future events?
    how do u mean? depends what they are I suppose

(Original post by Lithium)
    Which of the words in this list would best describe how you're feeling?

Sad / scared / worried / anxious / hysterical / depressed / hopeless / Useless? Any combination? Any other words I might have missed out? none of the above?
    ALL of the above.

can anyone please help me? i will provide more information if asked.

ReputationRep:
    talk to people, talk to your friends and your family about what's worrying you.

Lots of people feel scared about uni, and if you talk to people you won't feel so scared and stressed about it.

(Original post by Saffie)
    talk to people, talk to your friends and your family about what's worrying you.

Lots of people feel scared about uni, and if you talk to people you won't feel so scared and stressed about it.
    I have done this too much really...i'm not sure if it is because of uni that I feel like this..
    I really don't know why I feel like this im really not myself. My bf thinks its something he has done! but i just feel down and dont know why!

ReputationRep:
    can anyone please help me? i will provide more information if asked.
    Few more questions, any lack of motivation, have you lost inters or joy in things you used to enjoy, and have you ever experience suicidal thoughts, or self-harm? Or perhaps felt like you'd be better off dead?

(Original post by Lithium)
    Few more questions, any lack of motivation, have you lost inters or joy in things you used to enjoy, and have you ever experience suicidal thoughts, or self-harm? Or perhaps felt like you'd be better off dead?
    yeah I have no motivation at all, I don't even want to get up in the mornings, yeah i have had suicidal thoughts... doesn't everyone kind of go through this sort of thing tho? I told my mum earlier I wanted to kill myself and she went MAD. and had a go at me saying there are people in worse situations!

ReputationRep:
    yeah I have no motivation at all, I don't even want to get up in the mornings, yeah i have had suicidal thoughts... doesn't everyone kind of go through this sort of thing tho? I told my mum earlier I wanted to kill myself and she went MAD. and had a go at me saying there are people in worse situations!
    If you have changed your pill and are getting these feelings after changing it, you had ought to go and talk to your GP cos it's pretty serious if you are feeling a bit suicidal, and if it is cos of the pill they can change it for you. Sorry I can't be of a lot more help, but I know how you are feeling I've been like that for the last couple of weeks, I just put it down to stress of uni and moving and sorting things out... not sure though.

ReputationRep:
    u could be clinically depressed
    id advise a gp

ReputationRep:
    Could be hormonal, could be clinical depression.

Best advice, go see your GP. See what (s)he has to say, and do it soon

Hope you get to feeling well soon!

AH

ReputationRep:
    I felt like this in September of last year.
    I ignored everything around me, avoided my work, life, got snappy with people I cared about friends, family, my [then] partner.

I was panicking then rearding uni, silly I know and a lot of other personal issues were getting to me aswell.
    I ended up seeking the advice of a counsellor.
    Who did me a world of good, just someone for me to vent to with no judgement, non of that "What are you complaining about, people are worse off" [Albeit many are, but upon being in a mood like this that just made me worse].

She told me that I was infact suffering from depression, and gave me little sort of home work tasks inorder to help me focus on other things. motivate me and help me look forward a bit more.

I doubt anything changing your hormone levels will help either, but I don't think it'll be down to that alone. I'm finding uni time stressful again, and the stuff she said to me last year really did help and still does.

So perhaps a trip to your doctor?
    Maybe finding a person you can vent to aswell. It helped me.

Your not alone though, good luck and I hope thing start to look up for you soon!

(Original post by x_zombie)
    I felt like this in September of last year.
    I ignored everything around me, avoided my work, life, got snappy with people I cared about friends, family, my [then] partner.

I was panicking then rearding uni, silly I know and a lot of other personal issues were getting to me aswell.
    I ended up seeking the advice of a counsellor.
    Who did me a world of good, just someone for me to vent to with no judgement, non of that "What are you complaining about, people are worse off" [Albeit many are, but upon being in a mood like this that just made me worse].

She told me that I was infact suffering from depression, and gave me little sort of home work tasks inorder to help me focus on other things. motivate me and help me look forward a bit more.

I doubt anything changing your hormone levels will help either, but I don't think it'll be down to that alone. I'm finding uni time stressful again, and the stuff she said to me last year really did help and still does.

So perhaps a trip to your doctor?
    Maybe finding a person you can vent to aswell. It helped me.

Your not alone though, good luck and I hope thing start to look up for you soon!
    Hiya, that really does sound like me! I tell my mum everything and my best friend so there is people I can kind of vent to.
    I don't think i'm depressed though.. I don't want to be depressed! :no:
    I just think I feel down lately because of uni.. I don't like change so I think it's affecting me badly.. I don't know. I have had this a lot of times before but I just ignore it and put it down to PMS or something.

I really don't want to go to my GP and say... I think i'm depressed!! I just couldn't do that.
    I will bring up the pill and say I don't feel myself. I have been on 3 different types of pills now, and haven't felt right on all three of them!
    I started the pill in march, before that I never felt this bad so i'm sure it's having some effect on me!

ReputationRep:
    Go to GP, s/he can refer you to counsellor.
    I was like this at my GCSEs/A levels, later developed an eating disorder which didn't help either >.>
    but with support I got though and now I'm getting back on track with things at college.
    Really if your're feeling like that get some support don't keep quiet it will just make things harder and that hopeless feeling won't go away.
    Good Luck, take care of yourself. *sends you good vibes*

ReputationRep:
    I really don't want to go to my GP and say... I think i'm depressed!! I just couldn't do that.
    I will bring up the pill and say I don't feel myself. I have been on 3 different types of pills now, and haven't felt right on all three of them!
    I started the pill in march, before that I never felt this bad so i'm sure it's having some effect on me!
    oops cross post!

Just say you've been noticing a dramatic change in your mood and explain it.

(Original post by waydownsouth)
    Go to GP, s/he can refer you to counsellor.
    I was like this at my GCSEs/A levels, later developed an eating disorder which didn't help either >.>
    but with support I got though and now I'm getting back on track with things at college.
    which wont be good for my future career!
    Good Luck, take care of yourself. *sends you good vibes*

This is what i'm worried about, that is starting to develop into an eating disorder. Yesterday all i ate was a bowl of cereal and did quite a bit of exercise. I just really can't eat. And i'm scared when I go to uni if ill become addicted to alcohol.. i know that sounds silly, but i don't feel in the right state mentally at the moment.
    if I go to the doctors and he refers me to a consillor, will uni or anyone be able to find out?
    What annoys me is.. that i really have no reason to feel down! I should be feeling happy with my life right now.:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Counsellor's are always confidential, you can do it all without the permission of your parents. Uni has no need to know at all, they wont look into it. They have thier own services there too, with regards to self help ect

So you really don't have to worry.

Your worries about eating and drinking I'd say are quite normal, everyone has their own espace or focuses on something they can control. Moderation is amazing and working with someone will help you find a nice balance hopefully.

I understand too about the not wanting to be labelled or told "Hey, your depressed" it brings up all sorts of connitations and such and people always tend to think things. To be honest I thought I was just being a silly melodramatic girl, so when I was told it made me personally feel less, less stupid about voicing my problems I guess.

Change is really, really scary. For about a month I've wanted to sit and cry but find I can't. You just need to find your own coping mechanisms to help you in a new place, whether that be from books, counsellors or maybe just ensuring you keep close contact with people back home.

As much as this is an exciting time and your about to go off and should be happy absolutely everyone I've spoken to can't relly get over the nerves and the worries yet, so don't beat yourself up about not being Little Miss Sunshine

I'm sure you'll be fine, good luck!

x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2008
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.