The Student Room Group

Can I decline uni offers on results day?

I am not certain if I want to go to university or not but have still applied since my school told me to. However if I decided that I definitely don’t want to go to uni on results day can I reject my offers or defer them to 2021 instead?
Original post by XbibbleX
I am not certain if I want to go to university or not but have still applied since my school told me to. However if I decided that I definitely don’t want to go to uni on results day can I reject my offers or defer them to 2021 instead?

You can withdraw your UCAS application completely for 2020.
You can ASK your universities to defer your offer (if the refuse then you can withdraw and reapply)
You can use the “decline this offer” function to be placed into 2020 clearing.
you can reject. You would need to ask unis about deferral - you don't have an automatic right to it and it might be better to test the waters on that prior to results if you are unsure.
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
You can withdraw your UCAS application completely for 2020.
You can ASK your universities to defer your offer (if the refuse then you can withdraw and reapply)
You can use the “decline this offer” function to be placed into 2020 clearing.

Original post by ReadingMum
you can reject. You would need to ask unis about deferral - you don't have an automatic right to it and it might be better to test the waters on that prior to results if you are unsure.

Thank you for the help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending