Turn on thread page Beta

Trivial University Questions watch

ReputationRep:
    So aside from the big issues which have been covered in depth, I have a couple of trivial (perhaps stupid questions). Feel free to ask more btw.

I'll start with the worst, regarding morning-wear (if thats the correct term?).. What do the guys wear around halls in the morning? I was thinking tracksuit bottoms and a hoodie or something but do others just wear a bath robe or pyjamas or what? This is clearly quite minor but I've never lived with randoms before and little things can be important.

ReputationRep:
    Black tie tends to be the dress code for chaps at most universities, at all times.

ReputationRep:
    My brother is at uni and he just wears trainers and tracksuit if it's early in the morning for a lecture. No one really gets dressed up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy_J)
    Black tie tends to be the dress code for chaps at most universities, at all times.
    :rofl:

Indeed, dinner jackets in the afternoons

ReputationRep:
    What, the lectures don't have a 'no shirt, no service' policy? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy_J)
    are you ever going to give a serious answer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imtired)
    are you ever going to give a serious answer?
    Why does this concern you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy_J)
    Why does this concern you?
    lol doesn't... just never seen a serious reply. never mind.

ReputationRep:
    lol doesn't... just never seen a serious reply. never mind.
    Put me on ignore then. You can do so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngloAmerican19)
    So aside from the big issues which have been covered in depth, I have a couple of trivial (perhaps stupid questions). Feel free to ask more btw.

I'll start with the worst, regarding morning-wear (if thats the correct term?).. What do the guys wear around halls in the morning? I was thinking tracksuit bottoms and a hoodie or something but do others just wear a bath robe or pyjamas or what? This is clearly quite minor but I've never lived with randoms before and little things can be important.
    pyjamas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy_J)
    Put me on ignore then. You can do so.
    i don't mind, you can keep posting as you were.

ReputationRep:
    i don't mind, you can keep posting as you were.
    I was going to stop, but with your blessing I suppose I can carry on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy_J)
    I was going to stop, but with your blessing I suppose I can carry on.
    As long as you keep it witty as you always have, please don't stop :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trm90)
    As long as you keep it witty as you always have, please don't stop :p:
    Haha, thank you. I can't see myself piping down for a good while.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever the hell you want. Jesus. You're living with other humans not aliens.

ReputationRep:
    Well what do you wear now? I am sure you dont go swanning about the house with your family butt naked.

I have a trivial question.
    When first meeting people at uni would you rather that they aproached you and said hi, or would you rather be the one to innitiate contact as it were :P

ReputationRep:
    I remember waking up once going to the kitchen and my flatmate after a night out on the tiles was completely in the buff, passed out on the sofa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gaijin)
    I remember waking up once going to the kitchen and my flatmate after a night out on the tiles was completely in the buff, passed out on the sofa.
    well, did you "tattoo" him and then put the photos up on facebook afterwards?

ReputationRep:
    I wore a suit to a lecture and people made fun of me and threw things. I was devastated.

ReputationRep:
    Surely the true chap wears all or nothing? Dinner Jacket or starkers?

Honestly though, most of my first year flatmates wandered around in boxers until they left the house. For one of them, this seemed to mean all day, if he didn't go out... always brilliant when people knocked on the door. He was actually Spike from Notting Hill. Possibly being Welsh imbued him with immense pride and self confidence - it was a grand slam year after all...

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.