The Student Room Group

When I think about it

i don't want to go into much detail about things but

I don't get on with family, at war with brother, relationship with parents so so. I am not healthy, not confident. I have basically no friends, never had girlfriend. That means no sex. I don't like my home, I don't like my college, I don't enjoy the course I'm doing. i have just finished a job of which I expected better, it was crap. I feel quite tired, drowsy, bit pissed off. I don't enjoy being in my own company, yet at the same time I don't enjoy being with others as usually I find that most people I meet are annoying or unfriendly, bitchy, or arrogant, violent or disruptive etc I'm a simple person, I don't have many interests. Basically I struggle to think of what makes me happy.

I don't even want to wake up tomorrow .....it means i'll get up and slouch about my bedroom trying to entertain myself.

Now here comes the funny bit .....

believe it or not I am not depressed! :laugh:

i'm ****ed basically aren't I ?!
Reply 1
someone anyone!
I feel the same! your not alone!
Reply 3
My advice would be to get out and do some exercise in some lovely fresh air and get your head around your life.

If you do not get on with ANYONE; family or friends, then maybe, just maybe, you are to blame?
have u spoken to anyone about everything??
Reply 5
I know the feeling... but I'm incredibly happy right now. Feelings like that don't stay forever... just keep on trying/waiting. :smile:
Reply 6
i don't know loads of people or meet many people.

but it's not often i click with people. or to the point where i really enjoy their company.

my family is a different matter. i don't believe in their faith, and my brother is disabled and we clash. my dad has personal problems like depression.
Reply 7
Then get out and change things, life is what you make it at the end of the day. No matter how bad things seem right now, your situation will change.
Reply 8
also the last time I actually felt genuinly happy was about 5 years ago
Don't slouch in your bedroom, that's do depressing! Go outside, go for a run, or a walk, or do something you enjoy (preferably with hopeful/happy/your favourite music blazing in your ears).

If you don't enjoy your home, try to spend as much time out of it in an environment you DO enjoy as you can till you can get out (unless you can try changing the atmosphere at home by talking to someone? Your bro/parents, even though you don't get on with them)? - Find an activity you care about, you could volunteer or try to find a job you actually like. If you don't like your course, either stick it out, do well, then do something you'll enjoy next year, or if you don't think even that's worth it, try finding something you actually want to do. How about going on holiday? Anything... sometimes in life, you gota make your own happiness (just don't hurt anyone or you, etc)

Also, I'm sorry in advance to question you, but you say you're not depressed, yet you don't seem to be able to find joy in anything, a lot of the feelings you've described above are typical of people with depression. So, how can you be sure you don't have it? Maybe you do?

You can always PM me if you want, I'll be happy to help whenever I can but I must warn you, I might not reply straight away, I haven't been checking my messages as often as I should, work's a bit crazy.

Good luck, hope you get better x
Reply 10
haha you legend, be my mate

Latest

Trending

Trending